BEST place to buy "SIZED; Colets

italbomber

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a guy on eBay from Rochester NY that will make you any size and taper you want.

If you have a lathe now, buy the delrin and make them yourself. Probably be cheaper in the end. I think I got a 1 ft stick for $20. Good luck my friend.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a guy on eBay from Rochester NY that will make you any size and taper you want.

If you have a lathe now, buy the delrin and make them yourself. Probably be cheaper in the end. I think I got a 1 ft stick for $20. Good luck my friend.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

"Yes,
I have a lathe-
just NO TOOLING PRESENTLY-
" I only work on my personal cues-TIPS IS ALL"
But its nice to be able to install my own tips-
Headed to ebay"

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
All you need is a set of calipers, drill chuck for your tail stock , a drill bit and a boring bar mounted on your cross slide.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
All you need is a set of calipers, drill chuck for your tail stock , a drill bit and a boring bar mounted on your cross slide.

Steve,
thanks for the post,
I appreciate your time.
"EVENTUALLY I will get the tooling and Bigger lathe , etc,
Right now no space"

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just use a strip of rubber I cut from rubber roof material. It works well and it’s nice because it fits all shafts

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recently started using the rubberized strips that a certain cuemaker sells and I have been impressed with them. They protect the shaft or butt and one size fits all - no fiddling with a collet that's a little too large and the next one down is a little too small. I thought they wouldn't be accurate or concentric, but they are more accurate than the sized collets I have. My collets seem to be a little out-of-round.
My 2 cents,
Gary