Table work from Sharky's Billiards in Lancaster CA.

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
Not sure if this will work but here is some of my work from Sharky's Billiards in Lancaster, CA. John Schmidt showed up and had a 204 ball run and came up to me while I was working and told me the tables are looking and playing great.

Hopefully this link works.

https://imgur.com/a/qUltR

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Not sure if this will work but here is some of my work from Sharky's Billiards in Lancaster, CA. John Schmidt showed up and had a 204 ball run and came up to me while I was working and told me the tables are looking and playing great.

Nice clean work. If John Schmidt gave you the thumbs up..I think that says it all!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

When you're recovering the rails, place your staples closer to the back of the cloth relief, then there's less chance of the cloth looping between staples from showing under the rails, especially on Olhausen tables.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

That must be an early edition GC3 you're posting pictures of.

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
I am stapling the bed cloth on these. Gold Crown 3 early version in the pics and the rest are a mixture of 1s and 2s. Thanks for the tip. Most of these tables have worm wood at the staple points. Not much choice in where to staple them. The GC3 had the best wood in the joint and it was showing it's starting to show its age. All these table rails are needing overhauling and the corrected for today's cushions. I glued them last time so it was pretty easy and fast stripping the tables down. The owner wanted new rubber on all the tables. I told him it would be a waste of time doing them in the current condition of the rails. He told me he talked to you about some sort of swap deal on the rails. I think he is planning on doing that as soon as he can raise some funds, hopefully. Anyways. 1 gold crown left and 2 bar boxes and this room is done.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am stapling the bed cloth on these. Gold Crown 3 early version in the pics and the rest are a mixture of 1s and 2s. Thanks for the tip. Most of these tables have worm wood at the staple points. Not much choice in where to staple them. The GC3 had the best wood in the joint and it was showing it's starting to show its age. All these table rails are needing overhauling and the corrected for today's cushions. I glued them last time so it was pretty easy and fast stripping the tables down. The owner wanted new rubber on all the tables. I told him it would be a waste of time doing them in the current condition of the rails. He told me he talked to you about some sort of swap deal on the rails. I think he is planning on doing that as soon as he can raise some funds, hopefully. Anyways. 1 gold crown left and 2 bar boxes and this room is done.

I didn't see a GC2 in the pictures, all those painted white are 1s.

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
Glen, Some rails have the figure 8 plates and some have the heavier duty--(vs GC3 style) steel floating nut plates in the rails. I was under the assumption they were 1s and 2s based on that but I really have never really known the difference in a 1 vs a 2.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ooo
Glen, Some rails have the figure 8 plates and some have the heavier duty--(vs GC3 style) steel floating nut plates in the rails. I was under the assumption they were 1s and 2s based on that but I really have never really known the difference in a 1 vs a 2.

If you look at it this way, there never really was a GC2, it was a GC1 in all reality. The changes made to the 1 that made it a 2 was first off, no more painted skirts, the 2 has rosewood paint stained rail skirts, it also had the GC3 bronze coated leg levelers and bronze coated ball tray metal trim. Every other change that everyone thinks that makes up a GC2....caome out on the GC1 first, floating rail capture nuts, adjustable leg levelers, ashtray corner castings....everything....was in production on the GC1 first, that's why the GC2 only sold from 74'-76' then the GC3 came out....with the same GC1 rail hardware and pocket casting....only then, the pocket casting matched the bronze feet and ball tray trim....and first introduced the bolt on rail skirts.

PS, i just consider all GCs to be 1s, 1-3s, 3s, 4s, & 5s.

Last edited: