True Workings of Pivot-style Aiming

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you're physically threatening someone here over an aiming debate? LMAO That's hilarious dude. Seriously, you should seek some counseling, you obviously have some severe issues. You fantasize about physically hurting someone? And you are so out of touch with reality, you consider someone else a keyboard warrior? SMH

OMG well done. You certainly have me in check.

Mate in 1 move if I'm not careful.

Very well done sir, but I'm not or wasn't playing your game though.

Hmmmm what to do what to do.

Ehhhh, I'm not going to play, but if winning is your thing, then how can I accommodate sir? I like helping. It's often the right thing to do.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG well done. You certainly have me in check.

Mate in 1 move if I'm not careful.

Very well done sir, but I'm not or wasn't playing your game though.

Hmmmm what to do what to do.

Ehhhh, I'm not going to play, but if winning is your thing, then how can I accommodate sir? I like helping. It's often the right thing to do.

I'd say you should discuss a substantial increase in your Xanax or Lithium subscription with your shrink.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I don't know if there are still any cameras around that use film..........but it's painfully obvious to me that I don't have any of it.
And I DO NOT believe you when you say "it's all practice"............practicing the wrong things only leads to doing the wrong things. Obviously you're practicing the right things.
*time to put my table up for sale and go back to making music...at which I am world class in a particular genre* (that's how I know that BC-21 is NOT even close) :)

Like everything. you practice what you cant do. No aiming system will get you there, its knowledge from missing many balls. Teaching the eyes the right perception is the key, no guarantees though , were only human.

Dont sell the table, its a great game.

Btw .. Brian is good people , we need more people like him here.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like everything. you practice what you cant do. No aiming system will get you there, its knowledge from missing many balls. Teaching the eyes the right perception is the key, no guarantees though , were only human.

I agree and clever too. I think his break down on pivot angles is very good and sincere work.

Now go home and get your fkn shine box Brian.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
What I've highlighted in blue is YOUR aiming system, method, technique, or whatever you want to call it.
EVERYONE who shoots pool has some method or 'system', if you will, to aim the shot...yours is "teaching the eyes the right perception".....but it is still a method or 'system'.
A player can have the smoothest, straightest, most beautiful stroke in the world, but if the player aims the shot wrong, the ball won't go into the pocket.
On the other hand, a player can have a stroke like Allen Hopkins and hit the ball in the right spot and become a world champion.
The stroke is not the be all and end all. The stroke must be congruent with the other factors required to pocket the shot, get position, control speed, aim correctly, and all the rest. Each factor is dependent on another factor in order to complete the whole.
(an aiming method alone is not the be all and end all either...just another spoke in the wheel, but a very elusive one to a lot of players)
Your own stroke is not all that hot either, but you sure can pocket those balls like you owned them.
To dismiss or ridicule aiming methods is a display of a closed mind.

Not ridiculing aiming systems.:)

I do use methods of aiming an I know what works for me an why. An the stroke is the start to the right path, its the key factor to your way of aiming. Does no good if you cant get the ball where your aiming.

I agree , my stroke is kinda bad at times.

Last edited:

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Not ridiculing aiming.:)

I do use methods of aiming an I know what works for me an why. An the stroke is the start to the right path, its the key factor to your way of aiming. Does no good if you cant get the ball where your aiming.

I agree , my stroke it kinda bad at times.

I was told to remember this saying many years ago.... Straight cue - Straight through

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told to remember this saying many years ago.... Straight cue - Straight through

Yes but straight and straight through to what?

This is part of the misconceptions and undefined phrases in pool that drive me nuts.

I am of sound mind despite my nonsensical ramblings. That's why I think Stan Shuffett and a very few others got some of the concepts in this game RIGHT.

And then guys like Tucker who says parallel English sqwirts the cueball too much. This is wildy incorrect and succumbtion of a "thing" and not a event. This is ass backwards.

Straight and straight through in reality is trying to Robin Hood the ass of a arrow in a bullseye, except on a two dimensional plain, but still very difficult. This is why redirects and offsets are a realistic and reasonable solution to this dilemma.

A better term to start addressing the reality of what straight and straight through, would be to say, direct the back or butt of the cue to the target, because that is what truly needs to happen to make the statement true.

Now the door to the concept is open to interpretation. I should be commended for this but im sure I'll get ridiculed at some level and Im not or never looking for accolades and I prefer to be criticized, but when reality is criticized, then the war is on and im never going to back down to that.

People simply like to criticize the source. If the source is a screwball, then surely your house is not on fire if he says so.

I AM CHRIST.

Ohhhhh its on now boys and girls. Paul and his rod of correction will to come! Will themselves be damned??!!! Shall you make thy betrayal to reality a clear case???!!

Damn that eye'n eye to live in poverty and SQWALL'AHW

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member

These words hits the nail ... for everyone :)
Hope you re doin good matey-- enjoy your time overseas!

lg
Ingo

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Yes but straight and straight through to what?

This is part of the misconceptions and undefined phrases in pool that drive me nuts.

I am of sound mind despite my nonsensical ramblings. That's why I think Stan Shuffett and a very few others got some of the concepts in this game RIGHT.

And then guys like Tucker who says parallel English sqwirts the cueball too much. This is wildy incorrect and succumbtion of a "thing" and not a event. This is ass backwards.

Straight and straight through in reality is trying to Robin Hood the ass of a arrow in a bullseye, except on a two dimensional plain, but still very difficult. This is why redirects and offsets are a realistic and reasonable solution to this dilemma.

A better term to start addressing the reality of what straight and straight through, would be to say, direct the back or butt of the cue to the target, because that is what truly needs to happen to make the statement true.

Now the door to the concept is open to interpretation. I should be commended for this but im sure I'll get ridiculed at some level and Im not or never looking for accolades and I prefer to be criticized, but when reality is criticized, then the war is on and im never going to back down to that.

People simply like to criticize the source. If the source is a screwball, then surely your house is not on fire if he says so.

I AM CHRIST.

Ohhhhh its on now boys and girls. Paul and his rod of correction will to come! Will themselves be damned??!!! Shall you make thy betrayal to reality a clear case???!!

Damn that eye'n eye to live in poverty and SQWALL'AHW

Paralleling in the traditional sense does create too much squirt....there are bettter ways. But of course everyone has their own way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk