The "Lee Brett Snooker Drill Challenge" for Pool Practice

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I only just noticed that. Yes, centre ball (blue on the snooker table) should be available in all corners. It's a good recovery shot. Though for the purpose of the exercise (which is cueball control) I try to avoid playing for the blue at all.

Last edited:

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
"Figured out a pattern"

Inquiring minds would like to know :cool:

When I say a pattern, for me it is the easiest way to pocket the object ball and get position on the 7 ball that allows me to set up for the same position on the next object ball that will allow me to get back to the 7 then just keep repeating the process until you have made al of the stripes then play the position off of the last 7 to the 2 ball. I found using 2 rail position most of the time was the easiest because most of the shots were identical per-say and speed control was the thing that changed the most. I hoped this helped and that I didn't muddy the water:)

I use this system when I work drills, I find a way to simplify the drill, then when I master it I change it up and challenge myself and find the hard way to do them. This keeps me from getting bored and keeps me thinking outside the box for other options. by doing this I have discovered easier ways to attack certain shots and position.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've done this on a snooker table before...don't know why I never thought to try it on a pool table.

This was actually my first go at it and I got lucky! :eek:

Table is a GC III with 4 1/4" corners and 4 3/4" sides.

https://youtu.be/dyCtIPIDZGk

Outstanding shooting.
Your tables difficulty factor is same as mine. I know how stingy those pockets play and not much room to cheat - especially the sides.

Perfect score - well done! Added to main page.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That early 10 in the side was sketchy. I had zero margin for error from where I shot it and the speed I hit it with. It might not look like it, but that 10 was the toughest shot of the whole exercise.

That's the shot that I thought about when posting. There was no room for error on that 10 for sure with the 4.75" side pocket point sticking out a mile on the left. I think that's what I like most about that drill. The situation where you need to hit with speed to just bring the cue over a few inches or to the rail and out comes up so much that you either learn to stroke straight or fail.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gave it another shot, but wasn't able to complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idNBft4P6Fk

Nice recovery on that last stripe, three rails. Nice.

Not many instructors go into the intricacies of pace of play like, Lee. Lee told me to work on my pace around the table, it's important to be smooth and steady and not rush. When I work this drill that's always in my mind- the cadence of the walk...having to re-spot all the solids helps me work on it as well as moving into shot position.

Beibs, you have a smooth as silk cadence around the table. It never changes even when getting in trouble. Well done. We should all take note.

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I simply love this drill!!! ... I recorded a successful attempt a couple of years ago https://youtu.be/gFRabvWgvc4 ... not the best angle ... I’ll try a redo from a much better angle soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whelp looks like Youtube blocked my old video from being played ... oops .... now I definitely gotta do a retake 🤪

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nekdo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the pool table this drill is not very challenging. Nevertheless congrats on the successful attempt!
The thing that did impressed me is your technique. I dont know your skill level but this was one of the best fundamentals I ever saw posted on AZ! Hats off!