Touching the ONE-BALL in a 9-Ball Rack Creates an ADVANTAGE - Is This "Cheating" ?

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your idea of picking random people from the audience to rack the balls is practical in one way but if the rackers are picked that way, we should get them all shirts that read on the front and back, WHIPPING BOY. Because many of the pool players will scold them, curse them and otherwise ridicule them for their poor break results. I don't know many people who will take that kind of insulting very long.

JoeyA

I agree with what you are saying, but something has to be done. The tournament directors have to step in and say this is the way it is. If you complain then maybe you lose a game. All of this stuff is off the wall, but it's either change something or continue watching the rack mechanics do their thing along with the *****ing and complaining amongst the players. When watching a match, I don't like the scrutiny of the rack that goes on with some of them. Case in point. Player A is examining the rack. After, what seems like a couple of minutes, he finds a small gap. Player B has to rerack and has a hard time getting the balls tight. Then when player B is done it has to be reinspected.

I want to watch the players play pool, I don't want to watch a racking contest.

We had referees racking most of the televised matches and it worked out fine. There just needs to be a serous rule in place that no player can look at the rack or comment on it in any way, shape or form.

Rules are important, and need to be in-forced. Allowing this racking thing to be such an issue is childish. I played thousands of tournament and gambling matches and NO PLAYER ever tried to touch the one ball......until I played in the US OPEN 10-Ball, and it was attempted.....and not for long.

I told the player in a low tone that this was not a good idea (I used slightly different wording), and he didn't try it again......he knew that I knew what was up and he was in for a fight if he continued.

I love rotation games. I just hate the rack mechanics and the time wasted on racking.

Best,
Mike

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
I just brush the heck out of the rack area.

"IF" there's a better way, PLEASE let me know, I'm always open for suggestion or better solutions.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
.....it's just that nobody knows what it is.....

I wouldn't say "nobody".

my-name-is-nobody-scene.jpg