Well...I'm a ghostball user...

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beiber: You flip flop on these aiming systems more than anyone, ha ha.

Now, if I remember correctly, its been about 3 years since you said the last aiming system would make you an A player in 6 months. What's the new timeline to an A now? :grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

I don't recall ever saying I'd become an A player in 6 months. That sounds more like something a non-user would expect to happen.

My involvement with aiming systems has been pretty straightforward. Tried the SEE system for a bit. Then switched to CTE. Stopped using CTE and went completely towards feel/single shot line, and now finally ghostball.

Help jog my memory. What's your definition of an A player again? I could really use a $500 cue. :D

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too, when using GB is the right way to aim. Otherwise I use CTE and 90/90

I don't intend to sway anyone towards GB. You know I've never cared how anyone chooses to play, and I'll still stick up for the CTE guys when certain twats in this forum show up.

However, your statement begs the question.

When is GB NOT the right way to aim? Not for you personally, but in general. What shots do you think can't be made with GB that can only be made with CTE or 90/90?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering, what were you doing incorrectly and what did you do to correct it ?

I'll try to explain...

Basically instead of just simply imagining a single ghost ball. I imagine a row of ghostballs that extends from the original ghostball all the way back to the cueball.

Very similar to using a single shot line method. The exception being that this allows me to "see" the CB/OB collision.

Hope that makes sense I don't know if I can explain it any differently or better.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I don't intend to sway anyone towards GB. You know I've never cared how anyone chooses to play, and I'll still stick up for the CTE guys when certain twats in this forum show up.

However, your statement begs the question.

When is GB NOT the right way to aim? Not for you personally, but in general. What shots do you think can't be made with GB that can only be made with CTE or 90/90?

Any shot can be made with any aim system or no aim system. However, classic ghost ball aim is not including the refinements you've added, but rather, a blank spot in air 1 1/4" off the cloth and 1 1/4" off the cue ball.

It's far easier to aim at an object ball spot or my preference, to "see" the angle of the cut and the balls together in future time.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
I'll try to explain...

Basically instead of just simply imagining a single ghost ball. I imagine a row of ghostballs that extends from the original ghostball all the way back to the cueball.

Very similar to using a single shot line method. The exception being that this allows me to "see" the CB/OB collision.

Hope that makes sense I don't know if I can explain it any differently or better.

Ah, the old ghost ball chorus line method. I see how you could Rockette the OB into the pocket. I like the idea and can see how it would help keep the line to the OB straight and true. Thanks for the explanation.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'll try to explain...

Visualization system, who would have thunk?

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm glad you brought this up ,, several yrs back playing league pool had a male player that bounced back and forth between 2-3 for yrs with several teams all who had good players ,, I would show him shot lines , ghost ball and he never could hit the right spot ,, then one day while I was practicing I happened to notice that light reflections were almost dead on the shot line ,,
The next time I saw him I should him that and by mid way of the session he went to a 4 when I told him he went up the guy almost cried he was so happy

Few yrs ago talking to a good short stop player about aiming he tells me he aims by the light I cracked up told him the story he said he had been doing it for yrs ,,

I think Hal Houle had a "light reflection" aim method as well...