I Stopped Obsessing Over The Pocket And Got My Groove Back

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe fractional aiming is an excellent way to train the brain so that a player eventually gets to a level where all they have to do is look at the object ball for any given shot and they'll just know where to shoot the cb in order to send the ob to the pocket.

I do a fine job playing a total of maybe 20 hours per month, and fractional aiming has become a handy part of my game. Having never played in a big tournament against pro players, I have no big tournament trophies to prove my abilities, and I don't need any of that self-gratifying proof to know how well can play.

It's the same with music. I have friends that tell me it's a shame that I don't "do something" with my songs, that I am wasting a remarkable talent. I tell them I am doing something with my talent....I'm playing music. Like playing pool, I play because I like playing, not because I want others to watch me. I play for me.

I think the fractional stuff is useful to orient a player who has not accumulated years and years of shots in their mental "shot library." But eventually the shots become second nature (though at times our mechanical execution lets us down). All the mental and visualizing acrobatics some systems require are a death sentence for playing pool in real life.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:
Reactions: JC

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
All the mental and visualizing acrobatics some systems require are a death sentence for playing pool in real life.

Lou Figueroa

I agree about the mental and visualizing acrobatics SOME systems require that can be a death sentence for playing pool in real life.

But a number of people use a system that's as simple as A, B, C. with accuracy and consistency.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Spidey, welcome back from the ban. It was a short stay though.

You have been nothing but antagonizing in this thread and it really had NOTHING to do with you.

I am pretty sure the vast majority of users here will be perfectly ok in their lives without you choosing to be friends with them. Anyone who pontificates that long about how they choose their friends really needs to stop and shine a light on themselves.