Not open for further replies.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Everything is Ghost Ball.

That's deep.

pj
chgo

Could also be said all systems are “double the distance” if viewed from another perspective.
In fact, both things (and more) have been said multiple times here over the years - and they've never really meant anything about aiming. Saying there's only one contact point that works isn't the same as saying there's only one way to visualize it.

pj
chgo

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
In fact, both things (and more) have been said multiple times here over the years - and they've never really meant anything about aiming. Saying there's only one contact point that works isn't the same as saying there's only one way to visualize it.

pj
chgo

Well said....I’ll tell y’all another funny. Friend of mine old me this local dude swears up and down that if you master this pool game on some game console or pc that you mastered the game....he also told him “yeah when I make my first million ima hook you up!”

🤣 bruh...I bout died buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well said....I’ll tell y’all another funny. Friend of mine old me this local dude swears up and down that if you master this pool game on some game console or pc that you mastered the game....he also told him “yeah when I make my first million ima hook you up!”

🤣 bruh...I bout died buddy

Lol. The only benefit of playing a video/gaming version of pool is the visual data bank of shots one might get from playing the game and studying the relationship between cb and ob on each shot. This data bank of knowledge could possibly bleed over into the real game on a real table, but the skills needed to execute those shots is entirely different.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is that easy...now do it.

Yes, and with a ton of inside and go 5 rails. It's simple.

A good player told me, and I like the shit out of this:

QUOTE:

"Position will put stress on a shot".

END OF QUOTE.

Not trying to dumb anyone here down or pick on what some say in here, just saying what drives me nuts, when some fool comes up to me and says, AFTER I explain a few things about shot requirements and the need for offsets and true alignment vs misalignment and volatile cb reaction associated with it:

QUOTE:

"Look, what I do is this, step on the shotline, look at the aim point and"

INTERUPTION OF STATEMENT CUZ I CAINT TAKE THIS SHIT NO'MO:

"Ok ok I get it. Here, execute this particular shot, pocket the ball to this corner pocket and make the CB come two rails and land here".

Why would I want to do that? I would never leave myself position to have to do what you are asking.

"Ok :rolleyes: I understand you are god and never miss shape but this is what your opponent left you. Now execute the shot I described. What's the problem? Just stand on the shotline and look at the contact point as you said. It's really simple. Go on now I ain't got all day."

Ok, so you want me to make the ball and come here? (Translation: I can't do it but im delaying your inevitable point that will say im wrong and you are right)

"YES!!!"

FACT:

Failure of launch point sequence in T-minus 5...4...3...2...1...LAUNCH! There goes shuttle white cueball, headed toward contact point on a mission of discovery for the betterment of science and the human race.

Vectoring twist warp initiated alpha Houston, delivery set and waiting for aproach..... I can't hold her I can't holder, SHE BREAKING UP SHE BREAKING UP!!!!

Doo doo doooo dooooo, jackass player, a moron barely alive....WE CANT REBUILD HIM. To make him understand, stronger, faster.

The 6 billion dollar idiot.

Last edited:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. The only benefit of playing a video/gaming version of pool is the visual data bank of shots one might get from playing the game and studying the relationship between cb and ob on each shot. This data bank of knowledge could possibly bleed over into the real game on a real table, but the skills needed to execute those shots is entirely different.

I think virtual pool 4 is an excellent program the a person could use to demonstrate what exactly they are seeing and therefore, what a student should see, for teaching purposes. The program is very well done and accurate from what little I've seen.

.....except dat dat tip be off center a smidge to duh right and dem concentics aint be concentric an I don't know why come mang.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I think virtual pool 4 is an excellent program the a person could use to demonstrate what exactly they are seeing and therefore, what a student should see, for teaching purposes. The program is very well done and accurate from what little I've seen.

.....except dat dat tip be off center a smidge to duh right and dem concentics aint be concentric an I don't know why come mang.[/

Yep and left Twix.....be better than right Twix.....be what it be.....no changing dat.

Momma....she told me dat her.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

pj
chgo

We have a winner. :thumbup:

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Vorpal, if you'll quote something I said in this thread (Salux's MEROC System) that you disagree with, and describe how you think it's wrong, I'll talk about it with you (as long as you can follow along).

But you're wasting your time trying to bait me into an argument about nothing - hijacking the thread you say you're concerned about.

pj
chgo

OK, let's discuss this in your thread. Hope you don't mind. :)

I disagree with a person who doesn't try a system, doesn't understand it, has no intention of using said system, makes a totally unrelated comment about it and then offers opinions about it.

When you comment on pivoting systems all I can do is roll my eyes at how clueless you are about pivoting. Did you follow my advice on pivoting in that thread? Do you have any constructive criticism and/or tips that may help others understand it?

NOT! Thanks for nothing.

---------------------------------------

Sphereologist. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Yeah, I think this is your problem. Disagreeing with an actual statement might start a conversation. Disagreeing with a person can only perpetuate a grudge.

Bye.

pj
chgo

Too afraid to answer some simple questions. LOL. MY HERO! You're not a sphereologist, just a SMEARologist. Bye, Bye!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I think this is your problem. Disagreeing with an actual statement might start a conversation. Disagreeing with a person can only perpetuate a grudge.

Bye.

pj
chgo

PJ, I think this is a wise course.

I'm sure you've noticed the new posters (with unusually low post counts) now in the Aiming Forum who have suddenly appeared, all rabid CTE supporters, lol. What a surprise. Regardless of whom they really are, they appear intent on trolling you and the forum.

It's a no win -- Ignore them.

Lou Figueroa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
PJ, I think this is a wise course.

I'm sure you've noticed the new posters (with unusually low post counts) now in the Aiming Forum who have suddenly appeared, all rabid CTE supporters, lol. What a surprise. Regardless of whom they really are, they appear intent on trolling you and the forum.

It's a no win -- Ignore them.

Lou Figueroa
Yeah, they're not as much fun as I remembered anyway. Is it my imagination, or did we used to get a better grade of baby seals to club?

pj
chgo

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I think part of the issue touching CTE working well, and the thread piece about "just hit the contact point" is that the aiming/sighting target on a cut shot is the object ball, and not the pocket. Players would do well to really focus on the target on the ball, even to seeing the pocket only with peripheral vision.

CTE and contact point/contact patch force the player to eye the object ball more intensely than the pocket. My $0.02.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, they're not as much fun as I remembered anyway. Is it my imagination, or did we used to get a better grade of baby seals to club?

pj
chgo

Yes, the baby seals we used to get were much, much better than the current crop. I don't know where they're getting the ones coming around nowadays.

Lou Figueroa

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think part of the issue touching CTE working well, and the thread piece about "just hit the contact point" is that the aiming/sighting target on a cut shot is the object ball, and not the pocket. Players would do well to really focus on the target on the ball, even to seeing the pocket only with peripheral vision.

CTE and contact point/contact patch force the player to eye the object ball more intensely than the pocket. My $0.02.

Yes, but with CTE the target is center CB, not the object ball. The OB is used only to get the shot alignment/perception line. From there the focus is strictly sweeping or pivoting from an offset of that perception line to CCB, no regard to OB contact point or fractional aim or ghostball. At least that's what I've gathered from hardcore cte users here. They were very adamant about that point -- cte is not target shooting at the OB.

Status
Not open for further replies.