Bumping threads

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
As part of the changes to try to make this section a little more manageable, we have changed the default sort order to list threads by the date they were created. This basically does away with people's ability to bump threads.

Again, this is something we are trying. Serious constructive opinions are certainly welcome. Messages along the lines of "No bump bad!!" will be ignored and ridiculed by the masses.

Mike

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
How do you bump threads in the wanted section??

I have a couple threads and can't bump them even though it's been over 48 hours??

asiasdad

Banned
Mike,

DAVE_M was making a lot of good sense in

The Panjo Marketplace thread

that looks like it would solve many of
the issues you are trying to correct.

I've done a work around for my items
until you sort it all out.

All the best,
Danny

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe allowing the Original Poster to bump their items once per week would be a great middle ground between too many bumps, and no bumps at all.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what's stopping people from deleting their OP and starting a new one, besides the ban hammer

The fact that members are not allowed to delete their posts or delete threads. However, they can start as many threads as they want. If they create multiple threads, that may be considered spam, and could be grounds for banishment.

Rverend H

START WITH A GOOD RACK
Silver Member
Lets give it a try

I kinda like the change.:thumbup:
Now when I open the For sale forum I can look at what's new. Not the 15-20 bumps on one seller. There are times this month where people list a dozen to 20 cues each with its own thread. And for sellers who use this as a forum and not a cue store can not get bumped to the next page in 10 min. And if I'm looking for something I can do a search or change the format of listing. Or if you list something new you can ad a link to the other items you may have.
Come on, how many times have you opened a thread and said (oh yea I already looked at this one) then you see its been bumped 27 times and has been viewed 2500 times or more. :shrug:
That's just the opinion of the Rverend.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bring back the old system, if you don't like the bump don't read it !!!

While constructive criticism is appreciated, this is a horrible attitude.

With your view, I can say this:
The new system is set in stone. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
DAVE_M; said:
While bumping may not be in effect, don't fret, there are other ways for your items to be seen.

I've added a tutorial for those of you that would like to advertise in your signature.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...69#post4971969
While constructive criticism is appreciated, this is a horrible attitude.

With your view, I can say this:
The new system is set in stone. If you don't like it, don't read it.
DAVE_M; said:
I don't see where the original poster had a horrible attitude. He had an opinion and he stated it. The fact that it differs from yours does not make it "horrible".

What I don't see is where you are coming from with all of your "directives" to the owners and staff of AZB. You are not even a Gold member, yet you have all the answers.

Where does your authority and credibility come from?

Joe

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You Should Also....

Change the text colors for better distinction and separation of AZ names, thread titles, thread text, etc. because it is very non-distinctive and scanning thread titles for things you might be interested becomes much harder.

Then create a section for pool cues only and cases only and everything else goes into miscellaneous. I am looking for a cue so why should I have to sort through a dozen pages of threads that are difficult to spot and it become needlessly laborious.....then you can use the thread date and it works much better.

I know you guys are trying but there's a lot of room for improvement. The old format, even with endless bumping, was much easier to read........don't throw out the baby with the bathwater just for the sake of change. The current format is like browsing through a Costco store for only one (1) single item but you have no idea where it might be.........please make it easier and more functional.

Matt B.

p.s. Way to go Joe.......you're right.

p.p.s. Azers will just make new threads for the same item using a new heading just to attain front page position for the sale item using thread date order.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see where the original poster had a horrible attitude. He had an opinion and he stated it. The fact that it differs from yours does not make it "horrible".

What I don't see is where you are coming from with all of your "directives" to the owners and staff of AZB. You are not even a Gold member, yet you have all the answers.

Where does your authority and credibility come from?

Joe

Deal with it, IS a horrible attitude.

My Gold Membership just expired this past month. I've renewed my membership today and am awaiting the member status change.
I do not have all the answers, but I do have solutions that were borrowed from other vBulletin forums that I frequent, where I am also a paid member at different levels.

Where does my authority and credibility come from? Where does yours?

Last edited:

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bumping

a week wait to be able to Bump makes sense. No bumping at all will make the effectiveness of selling in this forum decrease considerably, i think

Many potential buyers only check the first few top pages, thats why the 48 hour Bump rule proved to be effective

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Deal with it, IS a horrible attitude.

My Gold Membership just expired this past month. I've renewed my membership today and am awaiting the member status change.
I do not have all the answers, but I do have solutions that were borrowed from other vBulletin forums that I frequent, where I am also a paid member at different levels.

Where does my authority and credibility come from? Where does yours?

Where does my credibility come from? First of all, I am not the one trying to change the forum. However, you can check out my iTrader and reputation, if you like.

Total Posts

Reputation Received
1818423549 point(s) total

Feedback Score: 100.0%

Positive Feedback: 540
Total positive feedback: 898

Members who left positive: 540
Members who left negative: 0

I mean, these are just numbers, but feel free to ask the members with whom I have dealt in the past.

.....and just because one member's opinion differs from yours STILL does not make it horrible...Deal with your own bias.

Joe

Last edited: