My new Schmelke cues: pic heavy

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have mentioned in a couple of threads that I was pursuing a one off build from schmelke. I just wanted to follow up and show off the final result. I took delivery today, and I am quite pleased. Approximately 6 weeks total, very, very, very reasonably priced. I should add- the experience was great. The playing cue is 60" even 30/30 split. Balance is great.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have mentioned in a couple of threads that I was pursuing a one off build from schmelke. I just wanted to follow up and show off the final result. I took delivery today, and I am quite pleased. Approximately 6 weeks total, very, very, very reasonably priced.

Niiiice!! What did the 4pt. Hoppe run you?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice!

I really dig the veneered cue. Well done!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niiiice!! What did the 4pt. Hoppe run you?

I'd rather not talk too much about price because this was a one off job. I will say it cost about the same as any mid level production cue. Say, less than a similarly equipped g series McDermott, if they made anything that was as nice. :)

I sent you a PM.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
WOW. Looks GREAT. I've always said Schmelke does great work.

Just recently (2 weeks ago) they became a dealer for Magic Chalk.

So, with that being said, the first box of Magic Chalk is on the house. It will keep your new cue a lot cleaner as well ;)

Just PM your name and address.

If you like the chalk, then just buy it from Schmelke going forward :thumbup:

Same deal for anyone else that buys a NEW Shmelke, show your pic and I'll send out a free box of chalk from now till end of May.

And before someone asks, yes, if you buy a Schmelke directly from Seyberts or Billiards Warehouse, same deal still applies :D

Last edited:

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So, with that being said, the first box of Magic Chalk is on the house. It will keep your new cue a lot cleaner as well ;)

Same deal for anyone else that buys a NEW Shmelke, show your pic and I'll send out a free box of chalk from now till end of May. Could be longer but gotta see what kind of "hit" I'm gonna take first ;)

And before someone asks, yes, if you buy a Schmelke directly from Seyberts or Billiards Warehouse, same deal still applies :D

Awesome. Thank you! PM incoming.

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those cues look great. I love the veneers and collars. Are those all maple shafts?

I have a Schmelke curly maple jump/break coming soon. I will take you up on that Magic Chalk deal too.

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those cues look great. I love the veneers and collars. Are those all maple shafts?

I have a Schmelke curly maple jump/break coming soon. I will take you up on that Magic Chalk deal too.

All solid maple shafts. I am converting back from 314-2. To be honest, playing today for the first time, I'm not noticing having to adjust aim. Could be the taper.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member

Same deal for anyone else that buys a NEW Shmelke, show your pic and I'll send out a free box of chalk from now till end of May. Could be longer but gotta see what kind of "hit" I'm gonna take first ;)

Does this hold for their Sneaky Pete as well? Got mine about 2 weeks ago. Can get a pic up this weekend.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Cues look good. Question though about the 1 off. Do they sign or make a guarantee that they won't build another like that?

Very nice cues, but I do not like the looks of the inlays (just my opinion). I think they would look very nicer without those inlays added. I love the G-10 Glass epoxy joint on the sneaky looking cue. That was always my favorite joint. And I love the joints and veneers on the other cue. The ebony looks really nice too. I think those cues would look so much nicer with some highly figured Birds Eye maple in the forearms though. Just out of curiosity, I wonder what that sneaky looking cue would cost without the added inlays.

That is a very generous offer.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice cues, but I do not like the looks of the inlays (just my opinion). I think they would look very nicer without those inlays added. I love the G-10 Glass epoxy joint on the sneaky looking cue. That was always my favorite joint. And I love the joints and veneers on the other cue. The ebony looks really nice too. I think those cues would look so much nicer with some highly figured Birds Eye maple in the forearms though. Just out of curiosity, I wonder what that sneaky looking cue would cost without the added inlays.

Justin, be nice. The inlays look great, if you don't like them, tell the mirror, not the world.

Great cue, great company.

To the OP, smile and enjoy, Thanks for posting.

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The sneaky looking cue is a break/jump. Both are Rosewood, they are just figured differently. Both have glass pins- this was a consideration for weight and balance. As far as Birdseye goes, I have a figured Birdseye Merry Widow already. Part of the reason that the cost is so reasonable is because I didn't have these blanks made up from scratch, I chose from already available blanks. The break jump has a curly forearm, and it is really quite striking. There is one way to find out about the price, give them a call and get a quote.

Last edited:

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Nice cues! You kept "fancy" to a minimum but they still have some eye appeal beyond that nice rosewood.
I'll post up a couple of customs they did for me if you don't mind. Don't want to hijack your thread.
As for working with Schmelke, zero complaints! if there is an issue they will bend over backwards to fix it or make it right.
I know for the money I spend that there may be a slight flaw here and there on some of the cues but most come out as good as any production cue I've owned.
They typically play very well too. it's a straight up win-win.
American cue company and some of the nicest people you will meet.

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cues! You kept "fancy" to a minimum but they still have some eye appeal beyond that nice rosewood.
I'll post up a couple of customs they did for me if you don't mind. Don't want to hijack your thread.
As for working with Schmelke, zero complaints! if there is an issue they will bend over backwards to fix it or make it right.
I know for the money I spend that there may be a slight flaw here and there on some of the cues but most come out as good as any production cue I've owned.
They typically play very well too. it's a straight up win-win.
American cue company and some of the nicest people you will meet.

I would be interested in seeing your cues. Fire away. I think I am going to start up another order pretty soon just because I enjoyed the last process so much.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The sneaky looking cue is a break/jump. Both are Rosewood, they are just figured differently. Both have glass pins- this was a consideration for weight and balance. As far as Birdseye goes, I have a figured Birdseye Merry Widow already. Part of the reason that the cost is so reasonable is because I didn't have these blanks made up from scratch, I chose from already available blanks. The break jump has a curly forearm, and it is really quite striking. There is one way to find out about the price, give them a call and get a quote.

He really doesn't want to buy one unless he knows he can buy one under 200 & sell it 2-4 weeks later for double.