Who is the Best Young Gun? Shaw,Thorpe,Joshua Filler?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Young guns 25 and under

If young gun is 25 years and under, then here are most of the best young guns now-

Ko Ping Chung
Skyler Woodward
Johann Chua
Jeff Ignacio
Wang Can
Klenti Kaci
Wu Kun Lin
Joshua Filler
Aloysius Yapp
Franscisco Sanchez Ruiz
Billy Thorpe
Ruslan Chinahov
Mario He

If you put all above to play each other in a tournament, my picks would be Ko, Skyler or Johann to top it simply because of their experience, confidence and roundness of their game. :D

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If only Landon shuffet wasn't so smart to leave pool, he'd be at the top of this young gun chart probably, except not past Shaw, who's 30 and not a young gun...

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also johann and Jeff play an incredible speed when on, but IMHO none of them have the consistency or beautiful stroke that Little KO has.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
If young gun is 25 years and under, then here are most of the best young guns now-

Ko Ping Chung
Skyler Woodward
Johann Chua
Jeff Ignacio
Wang Can
Klenti Kaci
Wu Kun Lin
Joshua Filler
Aloysius Yapp
Franscisco Sanchez Ruiz
Billy Thorpe
Ruslan Chinahov
Mario He

If you put all above to play each other in a tournament, my picks would be Ko, Skyler or Johann to top it simply because of their experience, confidence and roundness of their game. :D

James Aranas should be at the top of this list....IMO

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If only Landon shuffet wasn't so smart to leave pool, he'd be at the top of this young gun chart probably, except not past Shaw, who's 30 and not a young gun...

Apparently Shaw turned 29 yesterday. Happy birthday, Jayson!

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler is already a force to be reckoned with at any tournament he enters.

Joshua is only 19, turns 20 next month, and is engaged to be married.

He seems much more mature than his years, and if he dedicates himself to the sport, I have little doubt that he will win many world titles.

Filler is likely to be on the Euro Mosconi Cup team. I expect Shaw to be on it, too.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been pretty quiet on the forum regarding news of Anton Raga. Does anyone in the know still thinks he shoots top tier pool in the Philippines?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
If 25 is over the hill?I must be Dead and someone forgot to tell me !

I'm 65
Call that wooden box gun, forget the funeral

i just remember when Brandon Shuff was 24 and everyone was calling him a young gun.
Same with Shane Van Boening
At 25 they were no longer considered young guns.
Just my observation on the gun or young thing

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only reason we are calling 25 yr olds young guns in the USA, is because we have very few up and coming players to claim this title, so we extend to players in their mid 20's and even late 20's, and some people are even calling early 30's!

Young guns really should mean teens, imo.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In order to get a correct answer you would need to specify what they are playing.
8 ball
9/10 ball
Bank pool
Onepocket
Straight pool
Etc.

Hard to rank anyone specific at the top of all around player when they play minimal games. The world rankings are pretty skewed.

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler was really impressive in the Longoni Benelux Open over the weekend.

He looks like he has all the tools to be a really special player. Looking forward to seeing him in bigger tournaments in the future.

agree with that one

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Apparently Shaw turned 29 yesterday. Happy birthday, Jayson!

Then Bergman is older than him. He turned 29 last month. Don't know how either of these guys are called "young guns", but I hear this term in reference to Bergman all the time. He's not a big guy, but he's not young either.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Billy Thorpe keeps up the dedication,

I can see World Top 5 in his future, keep an eye on him, What is he, Drinking age, yet??

mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

But, when there will not be million dollar paychecks in these tournaments in the USA, I still think that the best players are Road Players that a lot of people don't know there full skill set, I can name a few that Gamble LOTS but don't play much in tournaments,

Just my opinion,

Respectfully

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Then Bergman is older than him. He turned 29 last month. Don't know how either of these guys are called "young guns", but I hear this term in reference to Bergman all the time. He's not a big guy, but he's not young either.

Bergman's birth date was 8/20/1987, so he is now 30.