Review of The V-Rack

KurtMHodges

Registered
For some time I have been searching for a good portable rack to use in league. At our main location, they provide Delta 13 Elite racks and they are great. However, when we have to visit smaller bars with 7' Valley tables, the plastic racks they use flex too much and fit too snuggly to the balls. So, if you are shaky like me, it is hard to get the rack off without bumping the balls.

I tried an RYO rack and found that it had some issues and, in my opinion, just isn't worth the $150 asking price (I reviewed it in a separate post). So, I decide to take a chance and try The V-Rack (www.thevrack.com/). Well, I got the V-Rack in the mail yesterday (took about 4 workdays) and took it with me to APA League play last night.

Everyone was very impressed and felt the V-Rack was well machined, simple, and gave a consistent, tight rack. I also let a team, that we weren't even playing, use it and across the board, everyone that used it really liked it. Numerous people said they might have to get one. It works best with very light pressure on the back balls. If you push the balls too hard, it compresses the felt a little and causes the balls to spring back after sliding the rack forward.

I say this in all sincerity, it racks balls better (or at a minimum as good as) the Delta 13 Elite rack. While $100 is a lot of money, considering that it covers priority mail shipping to your door, I think it is a good value and I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

restorick2378

Registered
This looks like an interesting alternative. I've reached out to them by email, but I'm wondering if you know what the warranty and return policy is?

Thanks for your time in doing this review.
Rick

KurtMHodges

Registered
This looks like an interesting alternative. I've reached out to them by email, but I'm wondering if you know what the warranty and return policy is?

Thanks for your time in doing this review.
Rick
I do not know know about their return policy or warranty. However, there really isn't anything to tear up. The felt may come unglued or begin to wear, but it would be very easy to replace and glue a new strip back on. Dollar to a donut says that if you contacted him he would mail new felt pieces to you, but if not you could get some felt from a hobby store and trim it with razor or sharp knife.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this a few months old now but wondering how it does for 9 ball, I saw the same question posted else where with no answer.
thanks

restorick2378

Registered
this a few months old now but wondering how it does for 9 ball, I saw the same question posted else where with no answer.
thanks

Ron - I've purchased one and use it exclusively in our 8-ball league. SOOOO much better than the chinzy bar racks, and much easier to transport than my Delta.

I've tried the rack at home for 9-ball as well, and it's pretty good. You do need to adjust your method of securing the rack, but it can be done pretty well.

Have you reached out to the creator? He may have some other tips.
Rick

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No as I just became aware of the rack, but have developed a strong liking of what I have seen so far and will probably buy one in the near future.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
after having it up to here with the terrible bar wood racks i stumbled upon this and am in love, just bought mine, super pleased it fits in the cue case, couldnt be happier

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
after having it up to here with the terrible bar wood racks i stumbled upon this and am in love, just bought mine, super pleased it fits in the cue case, couldnt be happier

I saw the video for the V-Rack the other day and it has my interest so I searched here for any reviews. Just curious if it held up and if you are still using it?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I saw the video for the V-Rack the other day and it has my interest so I searched here for any reviews. Just curious if it held up and if you are still using it?

I sold it off, as I do with most everything I buy

it's a great product though machined aluminum, it'll hold up , well put together and no wobbley movement,

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still using mine! However I don’t Cary it in my case any more it is strictly used at home, iris holding up nice with out any issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw another review here... billiardproductreviews.com

Haven't tried one but looks like a good choice that you can take with you if you'd like.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best part is the OP is from over four years ago and this rack is still $100. I bought one a mo th or so ago and it works very well. I specifically purchased it as I play a lot of 14.1 at the hall. This rack, along with a good set of balls, works. Wry well to ensure a great rack. Takes a few times to get use to racking, but it works very well.