cue building books?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ed Young is about as close as you can get to talking to David and I have been unable to get ahold of Ed. If any of you talk to Ed please get him to give me a call, as I have a Hall of Fame plaque I need to send to David.

Mc2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a copy of Chris's book on PDF

I have had a copy of Chris's book in PDF for a couple of years. I have an original which I purchased from him the day after Thanksgiving in 2006. He signed it for me. I made a PDF version so that I can read it while I am at my customers on my laptop. I will not give it out though so please don't anyone ask. I believe that Chris is correct in that it hurts the author.

I would however like to know if this book is any good? If so then where may I be able to purchase. That is information worth knowing.

Jim.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a copy of Chris's book in PDF for a couple of years. I have an original which I purchased from him the day after Thanksgiving in 2006. He signed it for me. I made a PDF version so that I can read it while I am at my customers on my laptop. I will not give it out though so please don't anyone ask. I believe that Chris is correct in that it hurts the author.

I would however like to know if this book is any good? If so then where may I be able to purchase. That is information worth knowing.

Jim.

I've never seen and I don't believe there ever was a book per se. It is a rather short manifesto or manuscript of some of his thoughts and some loose techniques in loose leaf form. You can see some of his thought processes and reasoning and some are very comical. You will not learn how to build a cue from reading it as it doesn't go into much detail what so ever. He does have some of his plans for building a saw shaft machine and a pantomill however. I believe he charged something like 300.00 for it with a promise to send more when completed, but no further progress ever happened though.

Dick

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've never seen and I don't believe there ever was a book per se. It is a rather short manifesto or manuscript of some of his thoughts and some loose techniques in loose leaf form. You can see some of his thought processes and reasoning and some are very comical. You will not learn how to build a cue from reading it as it doesn't go into much detail what so ever. He does have some of his plans for building a saw shaft machine and a pantomill however. I believe he charged something like 300.00 for it with a promise to send more when completed, but no further progress ever happened though.

Dick
Davids book that I bought a copy of is close to 200 pages. It was bound cook book style like mine is. So I would not call it a short manuscript, but it does have some good information in it. Some things are out there a little bit and I would tend to agree with most of your conclusions on the contents.

bstroud

Deceased
I had a copy of David’s book for years.
Finally threw it away.
No useful information for cuemakers.
Just the ramblings of a mentally disturbed very nice man.

Bill S.