Long race and obvious improvement

Jallan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 or 4 years ago a friend and I played a race to 400. I don't recall there being any weight laid either way. The final score of that game was 393 to 400.

Last week I played the same friend a race to 300. It was the first time we had played a long game in a while.

I gave him 125 and managed a tight win. He scratched on 300 and I ran out 6 or 8 to win the game. Final score was 298 to 300. Neither of us had any runs that were staggering. I may have had one or two at 20 or so. My 14.1 game is not as strong as I would like.

I just wanted to thank everyone who is a part of this 14.1 forum. This is the first time I have gotten to see obvious results in my improvement and I think it is related to the mass of information you all have shared. Although I haven't had a chance to put it all into practice as much as I would have liked it is obvious that my game has improved, especially the mental part. Thank you.

We were playing for a dime a point, if you all would like I suppose you are entitled to a percentage.

Thanks for letting me toot my own horn for a bit and letting all of us curvy letter players (B,C, and D) reap some of the benifits of what you have kindly shared.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Sounds like fun

3 or 4 years ago a friend and I played a race to 400. I don't recall there being any weight laid either way. The final score of that game was 393 to 400.

Last week I played the same friend a race to 300. It was the first time we had played a long game in a while.

I gave him 125 and managed a tight win. He scratched on 300 and I ran out 6 or 8 to win the game. Final score was 298 to 300. Neither of us had any runs that were staggering. I may have had one or two at 20 or so. My 14.1 game is not as strong as I would like.

I just wanted to thank everyone who is a part of this 14.1 forum. This is the first time I have gotten to see obvious results in my improvement and I think it is related to the mass of information you all have shared. Although I haven't had a chance to put it all into practice as much as I would have liked it is obvious that my game has improved, especially the mental part. Thank you.

We were playing for a dime a point, if you all would like I suppose you are entitled to a percentage.

Thanks for letting me toot my own horn for a bit and letting all of us curvy letter players (B,C, and D) reap some of the benifits of what you have kindly shared.

Sounds like you two had a some good games of straight pool. That is great. Scratching on 300...... must of killed him......LOL Your lucky to have a friend to shoot straight with. I have to travel an hour to get a game once in a while. Keep on playing and I am sure those runs will pick up.
Good luck.

sausage

Banned
straightman: i know the feeling. i moved way out into the country. they don't even know what 14.1 is. if you are ever in the cleburne area send me a note. i need a new cue though. i finally trashed mine. boy did it suck.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Your not far away

straightman: i know the feeling. i moved way out into the country. they don't even know what 14.1 is. if you are ever in the cleburne area send me a note. i need a new cue though. i finally trashed mine. boy did it suck.

Cleburne. I have a good friend who works at the court house there. Your one hour away from where I live. You are also 50 mins away from Hurst (closer then I am to Hurst) where I play in that 14.1 League.
The new season starts in May. There is no set day. You have 3 opponents per month and you call them to set up your match. I set my matches up on week ends, you can even do back to back matches. Week ends: no bad traffic, much easier to drive, more relaxing. There are 3 divisions. Let me know what you think before May and I will send the director's phone# to you & e-mail.
We need to play some up in Hurst one Saturday. Friendly game and I promise not to catch the cue ball if it falls into a pocket....LOL

Last edited: