Pledges Received So Far

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Guys there has been a slight change. I was going under the information that booths are 2,000 dollars each. They are not they are $1,000 each.

I am in talks right now with Inside Pool Magazine to see if they would be willing to live stream our finals but right now the answer is pending on time frames and the mens finals as well.

Folks if all the pledges come in plus Mr. Jewett's $1,000 we are very well on our way to completing our goal.

I really think we can do this guys.

Diamond Billiard Products has been kind enough to give us 2 - 9 Footers to use for the challenge.

Pete Tonkin has generously guaranteed us a $1,500 cue to be raffled off at the Challenge Site. Pete will also have a booth at the expo as well and you can see some of his amazing work here http://www.tonkincustomcues.com/cue/Homex.html.

I am also told that Kevin Vidal aka Selftaut will also be providing first and second place trophies as well as a banner for the event as well. Guys this is definitely shaping up and after hearing this incredible news today we are now closer than I possibly could have imagined. LETS KEEP IT GOING!!!

Pledges Received So Far....

** Charles Eames - $200.00 and counting !!!
1. Gene J. Mann - $25.00
2. David Nelson - $50.00
3. Glen Shepard - $25.00
4. D and D Family Billiards - $25.00
5. Kevin Vidal - $25.00
6. Bill Maropolous - $25.00
7. Michael Grosso - $25.00
8. Andrew Walker $25.00
9. Bob Jewett - $1,000.00
10. Steve Lipsky - $25.00
11.Scott Kessler - $25.00
12. Gerard Mckown Jr. - $50.00
13. Sean Leinen - $25.00
14. Danny Barouty - $50.00
15. James Sward - $50.00
16. Dennis Walsh - $50.00
17. John Lavin (Red Shoes) $25.00
18. Jim Parker - $50.00
19. Richard Klein - $50.00
20. Milliken Cloth (Sterling Fury) - $500.00 to be sent out directly to Allen Hopkins.
21. Larry Moy - $100.00

Last edited:

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
I sent mine by electronic check to your home address. You should definitely receive this week...

Thanks Charlie.

- Steve

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No mail delivery today, but my check should surely be there tomorrow. If this thing doesn't fly, just keep my contribution to help with your expenses.

Dave Nelson

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave you are more than generous my friend. We greatly appreciate and in truth if all we need is a couple of hundred dollars to make this thing happen then I am happy to step up and provide said funds.

Obviously we are trying to find as much sponsorship for this event as possible but when push comes to shove we are not about to let it fail either. We are working like crazy to make this event happen.

Thanks again Dave.

Charlie

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Things are starting to look really good guys and I have confirmed with Kevin Vidal that we are going to be holding the challenge even if we only have the space for one table.

Charlie

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok Guys there has been a slight change. I was going under the information that booths are 2,000 dollars each. That being said $4,000 dollars is a huge nut to crack. However after being redirected to the SBE site. They are apparently 1000 dollars each. ...
Not exactly. A 10x10 booth is not enough room for a table. As I mentioned before:

I just talked to Allen, and he would like to see it happen. There are a couple of possibilities for sponsorship or free space, but he needs to talk it over with the potential sponsors.

If the sponsors don't materialize, he can provide enough space for one table (which is more than two 10x10 booths), for $2000, or enough space for two tables for $3000. He says that it costs about $300/table to bring in Diamond 4.5x9s ....

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not exactly. A 10x10 booth is not enough room for a table. As I mentioned before:

I just talked to Allen, and he would like to see it happen. There are a couple of possibilities for sponsorship or free space, but he needs to talk it over with the potential sponsors.

If the sponsors don't materialize, he can provide enough space for one table (which is more than two 10x10 booths), for $2000, or enough space for two tables for $3000. He says that it costs about $300/table to bring in Diamond 4.5x9s ....

After my conversation with Allen Hopkins this afternoon around 4pm he has told me that he is providing us with four booths for 3000 dollars.

That way we can fit two tables comfortably.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Two threads asking for pledges for same event?

Charlie:

Please excuse my pea-brain not catching on, but why do we have two threads about the same topic? I.e. the "Help Sponsor the SBE 14.1 Challenge!" thread, and now this one, with a completely separate pledge list, for the same event?

Corn-fused in NY (what the "hay" is "corn" doing in NY anyway -- oh wait, I'm upstate...),
-Sean

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlie:

Please excuse my pea-brain not catching on, but why do we have two threads about the same topic? I.e. the "Help Sponsor the SBE 14.1 Challenge!" thread, and now this one, with a completely separate pledge list, for the same event?

Corn-fused in NY (what the "hay" is "corn" doing in NY anyway -- oh wait, I'm upstate...),
-Sean

It just kind of happened. I am happy though there is two in the hopes it will over shadow anything else in this forum as this event is going to be F&^^&%&^&^ING Amazing lol.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Charlie:

-Sean

This thread is just for the checks received from the "Help Sponsor" thread. Not another pledge thread.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More pledges received guys keep them coming I cant thank you enough. Pictures will be posted each night also from the SBE itself.

Charlie

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even more pledges came in today guys from Bob Jewett, Michael Grosso, Steve Lipsky and Andrew Walker.

The generosity that has been shown from this forum is incredible.

I cant wait to see everyone at your Super Billiards Expo 14.1 Challenge.

Last edited:

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Received yet another check today guys, things are going really well and we hope to have this sealed up by mid february. Booths reserved and final logistics worked out.

Thanks to Scott Kessler for his $25.00

Cant wait to see you there Scott.

Charlie