2012 CSI 14.1 challenge results?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have info about the results from the Las Vegas 14.1 challenge in progress now? I'm particularly interested in the Seniors' division.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Csi hi-run challenge

Bob,

I can probably put that info up tomorrow.
Nothing real spectacular yet.

Still have couple days to go
I think the high is Corey deuel at 143 (in the pro division)
Mark griffin

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Results

Bob: Will this help? You are still high as of early last night. My man Steve Kurtz was able to get someone to take a picture!

Attachments

• AtIeKvUCAAAbN9E.jpg large.jpg
    AtIeKvUCAAAbN9E.jpg large.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 472

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob: Will this help? You are still high as of early last night. My man Steve Kurtz was able to get someone to take a picture!

I have a question. On the board it lists Mika with the high run at 141 but in the left column there are several players with a higher number. Is that the total of 4 turns at the table?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a question. On the board it lists Mika with the high run at 141 but in the left column there are several players with a higher number. Is that the total of 4 turns at the table?
The higher numbers are the max for that player for four turns at the table.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Not sure I understand...Mika's high run is 218 in 4 (consecutive?) attempts, but the single high run (one-off, walk up to the table & run?) is listed as 141 (also by Mika)?!?! Why the distinction between the two scenarios?

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure I understand...Mika's high run is 218 in 4 (consecutive?) attempts, but the single high run (one-off, walk up to the table & run?) is listed as 141 (also by Mika)?!?! Why the distinction between the two scenarios?

Actually, that happened at SBE as well. For example, Shane's high run of 115 (which was later broken by John S.) was the lion's share of his cumulative score. It was one really big run, encapsulated by a bunch of a lot smaller runs (single digits, lower-double digits).

If I recall correctly (Charlie, Steve K., or Ron F correct me if I'm wrong), the most consistent player was Danny Barouty, who in each of his 5 attempts, broke deep into double-digit runs.

Sometimes it just works out that way -- several false starts, followed by a really good run, finished off by a couple false starts. Or something along those lines.

-Sean

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member

His four innings added up to 218. His high inning is 141. Theirs is a contest for who gets the most total points in four innings.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Ahhh, that makes sense. Sorry I was a little slow. I thought the 218 was one run, not a cumulative for 4 attempts.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Some results

What I have been able to surmise based on Bill Maropulos updates.

in the pro division

John Schmidt beat Ryan Stone by forfeit.
Johnny Archer beat Corey Deuel
Tony Robles beat Mika Immonen
Darren Appleton took a forfeit from Dennis Orcollo who was still playing ten ball.

Archer beat Robles
Appleton beat Schmidt

Archer beat Appleton.

Last edited:

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member

I saw SJM near the 14.1 Challenge, but never saw you this year, Bob. Maybe next time!

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
nice run Bob.

what size tables are they using in am. divisions?
All of the 14.1 was played on 9-foot Diamonds with somewhat worn cloth. Well, I don't know where the matches were played.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I didn't watch the late matches, but what I heard from Max Eberle this morning was:

1st Johnny Archer
2nd Darren Appleton
3rd Tony Robles
3rd John Schmidt

Last edited:

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
2012 CSI hi run

I will try to have the full results up by monday or Tuesday.

We moved out f the riviera todt - and hope to have our office together by wednesday.

Mark Griffin

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Steve was there, too? Ugh.. I missed out on meeting/seeing so many peeps this year! :(

I really wish I was trigger. Would of Been great to finally meet you and sweat some of your matches..

Hey theres always SBE !!!

Hope to meet you soon
Steve