Wuxi Classic 2014 Qualifiers

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Melling has won the privilege of paying for a round trip to China.
Chris Melling 5 - Matthew Stevens 4

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
Melling wins 5- 4. Woo-Hoo. Missed most of the scoring with the European Cup final but it looked like a nailbiter.

Boro Nut

Last edited:

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
I watched it. Melling almost missed his chance but he built up a good lead in the decider and then got it done.

McGuire ain't gotta like it against Alex no matter what form he's in.

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alan McManus shows us how it's done!! Alan dominated Cao Xinlong. What a great stroke McManus has.

Last edited:

Wags

2 pocket-one pocket table
Silver Member
Maguire had back problems - withdrew from the 2014 World Open in China.
He can have head problems, and Alex may be able to exploit that weakness. :D

Yes, if Maguire keeps having to shoot from behind the D balls, a strategy Alex can execute, Maguire's head might explode. If that will be good enough for Alex to win, that's another story.

Go Alex. ..rooting for you since 2001 when you ran 2 racks of 15 ball rotation playing the ghost at Hall of Fame, Warren, MI.

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having watched a few matches now, it seems to me that Alex will be able to compete with an average professional snooker player, defining average as say outside the top 25. These guys miss, they are human.

He may be able to compete with the best, given time, experience and dedication.

Last edited:

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching Gerard Greene play Lee Page I no longer believe Buddy Hall dumped to Spanish Mike in the 1991 Challenge of Champions. In game 6, down 4 to 1, Greene was working on a 40+ break and got great on a red, a dead straight shot of 18 inches with effortless shape on the black. He drilled it into the rail about 4 inches away from the corner pocket. Game, match to Lee Page.

Last edited:

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like Twitter is about the only way to follow Alex. Here's Alex after his tough loss to Highfield -

"Thanks to all my supporters. Very disappointed but hey I will get over it... OK I'm over it - whats next!"

And what's next is his match with Stephen McGuire tomorrow, Monday Labor Day, at 2:30 pm Zulu time, or 9:30 am Eastern Daylight Time.