Wuxi Classic 2014 Qualifiers

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
Don't want to hijack this thread, but Ding Junhui is 4 nil down to unranked Oliver Brown. Second collapse in a row?

It just goes to show anyone can beat anyone at this level, so don't write Alex off just yet.

Boro Nut

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

Brown certainly has an opportunity here

Should have got better shape on the black. Also, the swerve was nice but the result not so good.

Last edited:

Magog30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there more than one match being streamed? It looks like they will be showing white vs sutton on the stream, but of course I am only interested in watching Alex.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He had good chances to win. His safety game is certainly unorthodox (for snooker) but very effective.

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex' stroke

I am Alex' number 1 fan along with a lot of others,

but

It seems that the snooker players tend to have a stroke with slow acceleration. Alex is of course a great cueist, but he seems to have that rapid acceleration on the fore-swing that is more suitable to pool.

Also, frankly, it seems that snooker requires tremendous patience.

Last edited:

UpMySleeves

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the updates! I can't watch the stream here at work, it's blocked. Will be checking this thread and rooting for Alex!

Magog30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex could have come back and won the first frame but scratched on the yellow. Second frame was a big run by Maguire. Alex needs to spend a couple years pounding balls into pockets on a snooker table, but his safety game is quite good already.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's trying to do too much with some shots where he should be just potting the ball. Having said that he did get a break of 70 something at q school and his safety is good so let's see.....