Alex Pagulayan and Qatar World Championship

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Noted snooker player Alex Pagulayan stated on his blog -

"June 24, 2014 Playing in Qatar in the World Championships. Playing hard and looking for some good results."

I didn't see his name as a participant in the just held 9-ball championships, won by Neils.

Is Alex playing in a snooker event? Just where is Alex?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"June 24, 2014 Playing in Qatar in the World Championships. Playing hard and looking for some good results."

I didn't see his name as a participant in the just held 9-ball championships, won by Neils.

He was there-not sure when he went out but it may have been in the prelims

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
He got out of the qualifying and into the final 64 single elimination race to nine alternate break, money rounds, I think he won one or two then lost. He appears different, possibly from all the beat downs he's been receiving in snooker. Orcullo too didn't seem to have it, shane was fine, could easily of won the event. Appleton was a little off, as was Biado. Tough out there being a pool player. #2 finisher Albin Ouschan 23 yr old played well. From Austria.

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For those who might have missed a lot of matches here are 2 links that cover many of them Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/user/genipool14/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/asjey12/videos

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Pagulayan was there alright. He didn't necessarily play badly.
I'm telling you everyone that was there could play. Any mistake was punishable.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but it's no longer the "familiar" names that are going to be in the winner's circle.
It's just friggin' tough competition anymore out there. It's starting to get top heavy.
If Pagulayan played badly, it wasn't his physical skill that was shaky, but his mental game.
He could feel the "heat" in every game.
The face of the game is a changing.
The 70s, 80s, and 90s is past-no more U.S. dominant pool.
It's a WORLD sport now. It's about time!!!!

Last edited:

chambalero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was there representing canada. Had he chose to represent the Phils he would have won it all.

Just kidding canadian friends :grin: