Trouble At Gradys

Pumpkinhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gradys pool room in Columbia,SC. Tournament director threatens to have someone shot over a gambling match he has NOTHING to do with. This was 4 weeks ago. NOTHING has been done about it. Its a shame what this world has come to.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Gradys pool room in Columbia,SC. Tournament director threatens to have someone shot over a gambling match he has NOTHING to do with. This was 4 weeks ago. NOTHING has been done about it. Its a shame what this world has come to.

Air barreling and threatening it sounds like

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394900990.152051.jpg

Pumpkinhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually no air barreling. His son was playing someone and got beat. No hustling, no bad words between them. They played the night before the "incident" with no problems. The tournament director steps in and threatens the winner to have him shot and the strong arms him in to giving back $300. Bull crap in my book.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I live down in Charleston and I'm pretty "plugged in" to the pool scene. I'm surprised I haven't heard about this yet. Who was the tournament director? Last time I was around there it was Buddy.

Pumpkinhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And like I said, NOTHING has been done about it. People who were there and watched it all called the owner and complained and threatened to never come back. Nothing had been done.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And like I said, NOTHING has been done about it. People who were there and watched it all called the owner and complained and threatened to never come back. Nothing had been done.

How do you know nothing has been done? Maybe they took care of it without including you.

Pumpkinhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live down in Charleston and I'm pretty "plugged in" to the pool scene. I'm surprised I haven't heard about this yet. Who was the tournament director? Last time I was around there it was Buddy.

I dont want to post names. Its not Buddy I promise. Anyone who knows that pool room knows who it is. Call them and ask. 803-957-7665

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I dont want to post names. Its not Buddy I promise. Anyone who knows that pool room knows who it is. Call them and ask. 803-957-7665

Perhaps "not naming names" is the reason things never get done. Why stand up for someone who you proclaim is such a terrible person?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A friend is a regular. She would have told me. My last post on the subject.

What do you possibly expect will come of a thread like this? What is anyone here supposed to do about it? Perhaps if you told us his name we would know who to avoid. I'm glad this is your last post, you're being very vague about the whole issue.

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
"The incident"

I heard this story, it happened a few hours after I left one night. The source that it came from is really solid and would never make it up.

The tournament director mentioned is not Buddy.

And I believe when the original poster says nothing has been done he/she means no changes have been made that the public can notice. Not sure about what's happened behind the scenes though. My finger has been removed from the pulse of the pool scene a bit BUT I'm there at least one night a week and hear about most of the happenings.

Hope all is well, Eric.

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who

What do you possibly expect will come of a thread like this? What is anyone here supposed to do about it? Perhaps if you told us his name we would know who to avoid. I'm glad this is your last post, you're being very vague about the whole issue.

Marty Free runs the tournaments there,and if anything happened he will say or do something, in that maner.Remember there two sides to a story,And I hope evrything has been resolved in in gentle nature. Or find the nearest gun store and support Charles Heston way,the right to bear arms,and protect yourself in any way. Rich aka the skunk. Opinion only but always right.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could somebody please take a group selfie of the parties involves for this thread? :D

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
Marty Free runs the tournaments there,and if anything happened he will say or do something, in that maner.Remember there two sides to a story,And I hope evrything has been resolved in in gentle nature. Or find the nearest gun store and support Charles Heston way,the right to bear arms,and protect yourself in any way. Rich aka the skunk. Opinion only but always right.

Considering that Marty is the person that was mentioned by the original poster(as indirectly as possible I might add lol) what would you suggest he do about the incident in question? Assuming it happened as the poster said that is and also assuming that he is the person in the wrong.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Man, Grady must be rolling over in his grave right now. :(

Twice, Grady told us he was going to his car to get his gun and we best not be there when he got back. Both times, you should have seen how fast people moved when he came back through the door.... One time he asked why I didn't leave, I told him because I'd shoot him, I don't go to the car to get my gun. LOL

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Twice, Grady told us he was going to his car to get his gun and we best not be there when he got back. Both times, you should have seen how fast people moved when he came back through the door.... One time he asked why I didn't leave, I told him because I'd shoot him, I don't go to the car to get my gun. LOL

Smart people who carry don't utter a peep when on site, and you're right, they don't announce to the entire place that they're packing. Those are the guys you have to worry about.

That said, Grady is old school, and if he said he was going to get his gun, I'd be scramming the heck out of there. Like his pool game, Grady had no fear of anyone, even if he was the underdog in a pool game or a fight. He wasn't going to lay down on his back and belly up. :eek:

RIP, Grady. :)

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Actually no air barreling. His son was playing someone and got beat. No hustling, no bad words between them. They played the night before the "incident" with no problems. The tournament director steps in and threatens the winner to have him shot and the strong arms him in to giving back $300. Bull crap in my book.

Must of been APA night at Grady's.
I wouldn't worry about it, league players do this crap all the time, especially when there's a father-son situation like this, and gambling is involved
That's no shit, sounds like the Tuesday night APA in-house at the Holiday Bowl in Denver.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bad thing about Dad protecting Sonny is it teaches Sonny the wrong lesson. If Sonny thinks he can gamble and not pay that eventually will bite Sonny in the rear end.

I used to know a kid whose Dad was connected to the local police and the kid was always engaging in minor crimes and thug stuff while Dad's connections got him out of it. Kid's address for the last three decades has been a federal prison. There are some things Dad can't get you out of.