Wuxi Classic 2014 Qualifiers

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Central European Time

Wuxi Classic Qualifiers -

The first matches begin Saturday 11 am Central European Time, which is 10 am Greenwich Mean Time aka Zulu time which is 5 am Eastern Daylight Time, 4 am in Bogotá, probably about 4 pm in Thailand.

Last edited:

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As esteemed contributor Boro Nut pointed out, the Wuxi Classic Qualifiers begins this Saturday, May 24th, in the same venue as the just finished qualifiers, and with numerous available "top-up" player spots. So Alex will most likely be in snooker action again this Saturday.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsArticles/0,,13165~3842225,00.html

Go Alex!

I think Alex is the 2nd or tied for 2nd on the top up list....so if I'm reading the draw correctly he would have to play either Matthew Stevens or Stephen Maguire in the first round! That's rough!

Good luck ti Alex if he plays.

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
topping up controversy

Controversy has broken out over the calculations of the rankings of the Q-school non-qualifiers, who are eligible to play via the top-up system.

"there appears to be some controversy due to the fact that players who were not required to play the preliminary round, would appear to have been awarded four extra frames to their totals, despite not having had to play those matches."

More info at

http://www.prosnookerblog.com/

!!

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lions Den

I think Alex is the 2nd or tied for 2nd on the top up list....so if I'm reading the draw correctly he would have to play either Matthew Stevens or Stephen Maguire in the first round! That's rough!

Good luck ti Alex if he plays.

The top-uppers get thrown right in with the lions, don't they?

On the bright side, it appears that the Wuxi Classic Qualifier will be available via streaming!

http://www.worldsnooker.livesport.tv/

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getting in touch

I don't do Facebook, but would someone maybe get in touch with Corey, to get in touch with Alex, to find out if he is playing Saturday, and if so against whom, on what table? Thanks.

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ouch! Well, as I said in a previous thread - these are the types of players he needs to be playing to advance his game. It will be great experience whatever the outcome.

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maguire is one of the top players but the only saving grace for Alex is that I believe Maguire called this past snooker season the "season from hell". He may not have his form back yet...pulling off an upset against a top 16 player could really give Alex confidence.

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maguire is one of the top players but the only saving grace for Alex is that I believe Maguire called this past snooker season the "season from hell". He may not have his form back yet...pulling off an upset against a top 16 player could really give Alex confidence.

It's very unlikely that Alex can beat Maguire, the gap is just too big, but I still believe in a slim chance that he can do it.
Go Alex :)

DGilb147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he has a good chance,Maguire's temperament is suspect and he has not had a good season.

Alex's play may rattle him.

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he has a good chance,Maguire's temperament is suspect and he has not had a good season.

Alex's play may rattle him.

I agree about Maguire's temperment. Of all the top 10 or 16 players I would say he's the most easily rattled. I know its still a long shot but it Maguire is still out of form and Alex gets hot which could rattle Maguire, I could just about see it happening in a short race. However if the Maguire shows up in stroke it will be a blow out.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maguire had back problems - withdrew from the 2014 World Open in China.
He can have head problems, and Alex may be able to exploit that weakness. :D

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ya he had a bad season ,, but if he gains form it's no contest he has over 200 centuries

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they know?

Does the country of the Philippines know that Alex is taking on his greatest challenge in less than 48 hours?