King Kong vs. Ruben Video

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
PARTS 1-5 are uploading now - more to come.

Okay, so before everyone gets all upset about this match not being complete, it was a totally impromptu recording in the first place. My camera ran out of memory and then the battery ran out. I am uploading the rest of what I have soon - Please go to YouTube search under the following title and you should find them as they process:

Real Action! 9-Ball - Pt 1 - King Kong vs Ruben Bautista

So, in red, you notice that pt 1 is highlighted. If you simply change the number to Pt 2, 3 and so on, you should also find the rest. I think I have like, 10 parts altogether... Parts 1-5 will be up by sunrise.

Please enjoy.

For those of you wondering what actually happened and what to expect on this video... There were 2 sets played in all - 1 and a half of which I actually recorded. That's when my camera crapped out. However, to fill you in on what happened, it turns out that King Kong won the first set and Bautista won the second set. Very early during the 3rd set, there was an argument over a foul and a ball in hand situation and King Kong got really upset and started chasing Ruben around the pool hall with his cue and calling him a cheat and a liar.

At this juncture the 3rd set was ultimately called off...

I am in no way saying that Ruben cheated, nor that King Kong was pulling a move. Let's just leave it at that because I do not want to be accused of making any implications. I did not actually see the incident go down, nor did I get the full story.

Here's part 1 to get you guys started!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp85ax__v6I

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
I remember watching that stream live thinking wow......
That's not helping streaming of pool at all.
You don't want me to translate what he was saying.

Rob.M

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, for a newbie, who is King Kong?

I was wondering the same thing. Lol.
The only "King" Kong I know of is Joe Kong, an east coast player and, unless the video is distorting his voice, face, body type, and ethnicity... this is another King Kong all together. Lol

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
OK, for a newbie, who is King Kong?

King Kong is Bernardo Chavez - He was, for many years, very well known as one of the most formidable action players here on the west coast. He was nicknamed 'King Kong' many years ago because, well, he looks like 'King Kong'.

mcesarey

Whether King Kong was right or not, it's still unfortunate to see such a lack of class. Even when you're right, you've got to keep it together better than that. Very disrespectful to everyone else in the room.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Is this the same King Kong that Shane referred to when he was telling a story and someone told him who King Kong was and he walked up to King Kong and said "Hi King Kong nice to meet you, I'm Godzilla"? It was something along those lines, I can't find the video right now on YouTube. Pretty badass story though.

Gotboost95

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched part 6 a couple of times. Is it just me or is King Kong breaking way ahead of the head string? I didn't notice it until he was down in the set and then back at the table breaking.