Gold Crown VI now on BrunswickBilliards web site

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the rails are straight. That's good because rumor had it that they'd have that "surf-board" curve like the Metro. I think it looks great myself.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that a price drop? I thought the 5 advertised site from Brunswick was 12k. Might be remembering incorrectly.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know if it’s a glitch on the website or not, but if the customization pictures are accurate, the drop pocket version has no ball storage on the foot rail, and the gully return has the ball box up high in the rail where the ball storage is usually located. Makes for a much cleaner aesthetic if it’s true. But harder to play pocket or back games.

I’m voting it’s a graphics glitch by whoever made the website doesn’t know tables.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know if it’s a glitch on the website or not, but if the customization pictures are accurate, the drop pocket version has no ball storage on the foot rail, and the gully return has the ball box up high in the rail where the ball storage is usually located. Makes for a much cleaner aesthetic if it’s true. But harder to play pocket or back games.

I’m voting it’s a graphics glitch by whoever made the website doesn’t know tables.
Look at the main GC6 page. It shows what looks to be a drop-pocket w/storage. The one on the customize page just looks like its turned around. I see what you're saying. No storage would kinda suck. I msg'd Bruns. via FB. See what they have to say.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Doesn't the 6 have same guts as the 5? Never heard any complaints about the GC5. From what i've read here the 5 solve whatever problems the 4 had.

I've just been listening to the table guys in another thread talk about how tables are made, without regard to more than one installation in their designs.

So, I asked about that because of that.

When I get a different table (since mine has so many new problems now, due to bad maintenance), I am going for one that is designed to last through more than one table cloth change or one move. Apparently, that's the new Diamonds, only. That's all. I've become a BIG skeptic about table manufacturing.

Nice looking table, though, isn't it?

Jeff Livingston

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks like there is storage for 16 balls but no separator in the middle. Easy enough to add.

I worry about the metal trim on the edge of the rail.

I wonder how many balls the drop pockets can hold.

lumberman

Registered

More detailed pics here from Japan. Looks like it is a glitch as these pics show a storage box.

https://www.billiards-days.com/2017/11/21/bd-世界初登場-ブランズウィック-ゴールドクラウンⅥ-シックス/

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I am very happy with my Gold Crown 4. I will stick with it.

This table does look nice though. I am sure I will never be able to play on one since no new rooms with these tables will be opening anytime soon.

Sad but true.

Kevin

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is nice looking (as it should be in advertising glamour shots) but the proportions are all wrong. The bottom of the table looks fat and squat. Too bad...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it but I think the 5 looks better. The 6 with its teardrop corner castings, looks like the 2000's Ford Taurus, with all of its ugly ovals all over the car.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick response.................

I msg'd. them via FB. They said drop-pocket version didn't have a storage slot. I sent them those pics of the Japanese market 6's and am waiting for response. The way Bruns. answer was worded i'm not sure if the person on the other end was sure either way. We'll see.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've just been listening to the table guys in another thread talk about how tables are made, without regard to more than one installation in their designs.

So, I asked about that because of that.

When I get a different table (since mine has so many new problems now, due to bad maintenance), I am going for one that is designed to last through more than one table cloth change or one move. Apparently, that's the new Diamonds, only. That's all. I've become a BIG skeptic about table manufacturing.

Nice looking table, though, isn't it?

Jeff Livingston

Mark Greggory has said many times in the table mechanics section, that the GC5 is currently the best table available. Take from that what you will:) (This was before the GC6 was released)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Mark Greggory has said many times in the table mechanics section, that the GC5 is currently the best table available. Take from that what you will:) (This was before the GC6 was released)

I believe he still maintained the V is still the best .