New Forum Style : some info

jpparmentier

AZB Artist
Silver Member
Team AzB
Forum looks nice but I wonder if you could add the navigational links as they were in the other style? You have them now at the top only. I use them most often when I've read to the bottom of a particular page.

Can you specify with a screenshot ? On which browser don't you see the navigation links at the bottom ? They are still present.

Thanks a lot for your help

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
that's the first day I'm playing with new AZB skin (v4) and I noticed it's sometimes hard to get the next page button clicked. The arrow cursor changes to hand when pointed over a yellow little box with the number in it, but to get the link working I have to click on the number strictly. No big deal, but confusing a bit when I get a hand cursor over a box and click, and nothing works.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
What am I doing wrong - when I sign in (and there are two places to sign in on the forum page and I have tried both), my format reverts back to the old skin.

On the bottom of the page, I am on AZBilliards VB 3 Style

This keeps happening to me also, I choose the new tech 4 style and whenever I log back in my screen reverts to vB 3, I tried what "Jam" suggested by choosing style tech 2 then go to style 4 but it didn't help keep me there so whats up with that?

David Harcrow

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
that's the first day I'm playing with new AZB skin (v4) and I noticed it's sometimes hard to get the next page button clicked. The arrow cursor changes to hand when pointed over a yellow little box with the number in it, but to get the link working I have to click on the number strictly. No big deal, but confusing a bit when I get a hand cursor over a box and click, and nothing works.

Ditto, but on this PC I'm running an old browser. Could that be the problem?
Keep up the great work, and thanks to all involved!
Karl

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What am I doing wrong - when I sign in (and there are two places to sign in on the forum page and I have tried both), my format reverts back to the old skin.

On the bottom of the page, I am on AZBilliards VB 3 Style

Try this:

Click on "User CP"

Then click on "Edit Options" on the left side.

Then go down to the bottom of that options page to "Forum Skin" and see if you have chosen a particular skin rather than the forum default skin. If so, check "Use Forum Default"

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Try this:

Click on "User CP"

Then click on "Edit Options" on the left side.

Then go down to the bottom of that options page to "Forum Skin" and see if you have chosen a particular skin rather than the forum default skin. If so, check "Use Forum Default"

Thanks, that's all I needed to do..

David Harcrow

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I double-checked and can tell for sure that Talk To a Mechanic forum always opens in good old Tech Two skin for me. Other subforums I read open in v4, just following my settings.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
it happened so fast, i dont know what i did....

browsing on my phone, i was searching for someone using the search member function...
when the results came up, by accident i clicked on the wrong name...(or on something other than what i meant to click on) you know, small screen, fat fingers = mistakes...

of course i immediately realized that i had 'missed' what i meant to click, so instead of waiting for the mistaken page to load, i went ahead and clicked on the name that i meant to find, but the mistakenly clicked page had already loaded and was displayed - for like a half a second - before my corrected click registered and the page changed...

whats weird is, the page that i saw for a half a second, was showing me some kind of Green and Red reputation analysis...or something....(it wasnt the standard list of reps that you can see in the CP)

i dont know if it was showing me MY green and red rep analysis, or someone elses, but it had the rep system broken down into three columns (i think)....4?

im not sure exactly of what i saw but it seems like one column showed how many total reps ( i think) the next column showed how many of the total reps were red....

i dunno...it all happened so fast

so then i tried to click something to go back and see what it was, and now i cant find that same page...i have no idea what i did, or clicked, or what i was even looking at, but it looked interesting...

did any of that make sense?
i havent had anything to drink today, yet :p

Pre-Flag Master

Cue Ball Man
Silver Member
Any plans to re-fit the older skins such that all features and pretty icons work in all skins? I appreciate the hard work, but I like the "look" of the vBulletin style skins and not all the features work in all the skins.

BTW, what is the "multi-quote" button supposed to do?

thanks
Fatz

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... BTW, what is the "multi-quote" button supposed to do? ...

It allows you to quote more than one post in your Reply.

1. Click on "Multi-Quote Off" to turn it On.

2. Click on "Quote" for the first post you want to quote.

3. Go back one page.

4. Click on "Quote" for the second post you want to quote.

Now you should be in a "Reply To Thread" box along with the two quoted posts.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
it happened so fast, i dont know what i did....

browsing on my phone, i was searching for someone using the search member function...
when the results came up, by accident i clicked on the wrong name...(or on something other than what i meant to click on) you know, small screen, fat fingers = mistakes...

of course i immediately realized that i had 'missed' what i meant to click, so instead of waiting for the mistaken page to load, i went ahead and clicked on the name that i meant to find, but the mistakenly clicked page had already loaded and was displayed - for like a half a second - before my corrected click registered and the page changed...

whats weird is, the page that i saw for a half a second, was showing me some kind of Green and Red reputation analysis...or something....(it wasnt the standard list of reps that you can see in the CP)

i dont know if it was showing me MY green and red rep analysis, or someone elses, but it had the rep system broken down into three columns (i think)....4?

im not sure exactly of what i saw but it seems like one column showed how many total reps ( i think) the next column showed how many of the total reps were red....

i dunno...it all happened so fast

so then i tried to click something to go back and see what it was, and now i cant find that same page...i have no idea what i did, or clicked, or what i was even looking at, but it looked interesting...

did any of that make sense?
i havent had anything to drink today, yet :p

ok nobody panic - apparently i'm just a ninny when i surf using a phone

i had (accidentally) clicked someone's "itrader" ranking, so it wasnt green and red rep that i had seen, it was three colums for itrader feedback rep....

:cool: curiosity killed the cat

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
i am choosing HERE, to post/ask, cause i don't want to start a new thread - but - DID THE FORMAT CHANGE TONIGHT WHILE WE WERE W/ BLACK-BALLED?

or am i just h-i-g-h...?

marshallaldrin

Thanks for sharing this valuable info!! Hey I am new in this forum and I have seen various good conversation about various topics. I think this is the right place to connect with various experts and people who will to help for newbies to remove their doubts. :smile:

Thanks

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The New Forum Gets a "F" Grade.....Not For Me......

The new Forum format leaves a lot to be desired and I do not like the text & color, format, page layout, etc. and ads flourish endlessly so why is my paid membership needed? I don';t want a sandwich from Togos for $6.00.......

I hope it changes because if it doesn't, my gold membership isn't being renewed.......I rate the new format a "F" and I hope it gets changed.

Matt B.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The New Forum Gets a "F" Grade.....Not For Me......

Start paying attention to the number of new threads that get posted to replace an original one that's pushed back due to the date of the thread. It's already happened with several cue sellers and just now I read a cue listing that comes up with zero posts and yesterday, this very same listing had 1.5 pages of posts.

Listing threads by the origination date of the thread is resulting in a lot of cut and paste of the same threads. Besides the cue sale listing I mentioned, there's been 4-5 other sellers doing the exact same thing.....if there's a loophole, some Azers will darn well take advantage and exploit it....it's just wrong.

Matt B.

Last edited: