Favorite Cuemaker (ONLY ONE!)

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All -

Jamie from New2YouQs.com and I were having a conversation on Facebook and I thought this might be fun.

Who is your favorite cue maker?

For those who know me, know how crazy I am about my Schick cue. I take it out and feel like Chris Matthews and I a get a thrill running up my leg.

Bill has built a wide, wide variety of styles and themes. My cue is pretty tame to some of others, but to me it is as close to perfection as I can express.

SO -

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CUE MAKER?

Ken

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
-r-

Jerry Rauenzahn. Great quality, great price and none of the BS lead times of the other top cue makers!

Wedge

Idaho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Troy Downey. I've owned cues from many different makers (most much more expensive) and I always go back to the Downey. Fit and finish is top notch and the hit is stiff (IMO).

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TAD Kohara. R.I.P.

I've been playing with a TAD from about '77 to present.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan Janes. I absolutely love my block letter era Joss,and the several more modern era Joss cues I own.

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
Keith Josey. The feel, balance, and designs of his cues are why he is apart of the upper echelon of cue makers. Great thread.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
I only own one custom cue so I am partial to Al Link. I'm sure most on here don't know him, but it's the best hitting cue I've ever tried. But my favorite that I've only seen in the gallery is BHQ

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
I'm a Libra, I can't just pick one...lol! With that said...I am really missing my Josey...everything about it is perfect for me. Hopefully some day soon.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss my Wes Hunter, my Barnhart, and my Josey......but I love my Sugar. Having said that, I'd buy any of the four makers based on pics alone because I know what I'll get.

Dave

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's in the heritage

I've played with probably over 100 custom cues, don't want to wear your tired eyes with the list. But if I had to pick just one, just one it would be Tad. An old one from back in the day when the old man started to create his definitive style, 8 points with the feathered butt end, big pin with old shaft wood. Beaten, battle scarred and worn in, tethered and dented with a darkened worn linen wrap....
It wasn't about the hit anymore it was about playing to the level the cue deserved...

That is what separates any a playing cue from a show collectible. My father always told me if your just going to look at it buy a picture....

Last edited:

buska95

Registered
If I only get to pick one cuemaker it would have to be Richard Black. His cues distinctive hit makes it the choice hands down........

Anderson79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Favorite cue maker

Mine would have to be BHQ. I've had several of his cues, still have a matching set and another on the way that I can't wait for!! The cues hit nicer than anything I've owned and Brent as a person is the best cue maker I've ever dealt with. Anytime I've had questions or anything he's always answered my calls, questions, even lets me stop by the shop and check things out. Just all around great guy to deal with!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've debated between two cue-makers for awhile as to which is #1...........relatively important for me as I'd like this cue-maker to be my next, and hopefully, last cue purchase 'cause it will cost a bunch.......................A fancy Ed Prewitt pool cue, preferably Level 5-6.