Help Identify this table

lensmustang

I just got this home, I am now the third owner. The guy that i got it from has had it since the early 70's. seems to be in great condition!..
Question is
Is this a GC1 or 2? i have more pics but have to figure out how to post them up.. The Brunswick emblem is metal and attaches with screws/nuts on the back.
Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• DSCN3140.jpg
    DSCN3140.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN3141.jpg
    DSCN3141.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN3142.jpg
    DSCN3142.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCN3144.jpg
    DSCN3144.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN3145.jpg
    DSCN3145.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

lensmustang

more pics

there is no reddish hue to the slate, just looks like grey slate. And the feet are non adjustable

Attachments

• DSCN3148.jpg
    DSCN3148.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN3149.jpg
    DSCN3149.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCN3146.jpg
    DSCN3146.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN3150.jpg
    DSCN3150.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It's a GC1 with mixed up rails.

It has both figure 8 rail hold downs and the captured nut hold downs. Also looks to have some segmented rail blind hangers and some full length rail blind hangers. I would find it hard to believe that it has been in 1 place since early 70's but thats just me.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It has both figure 8 rail hold downs and the captured nut hold downs. Also looks to have some segmented rail blind hangers and some full length rail blind hangers. I would find it hard to believe that it has been in 1 place since early 70's but thats just me.

Oh yeah, mixing up parts has been going on way before 1970....LOL

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Was that done by the factory or by a previous owner, maybe a poolroom?

No way it come from Brunswick like that....LOL no, that's the typical pieced together GC1 from a closed down pool room somewhere, and either someone picking out the best looking parts, or the leftover parts of a bunch of tables for sale that someone else already picked over beforhand.

lensmustang

ohhh

Thanks for the input...Talked to the guy today and he said that it was in a bowling alley for a few years, it was one of two that they put in along with some older tables. This was from EAST BOWL in Spokane Wa. Closed down a long time ago. I noticed last night that the base was marked (table 2) and the slate was marked table 4....bummer! Maybe the newer tables that they put in were GC2's...How unfortunate that people cant keep stuff together...Still pretty happy with it i guess. seems to be in great shape.
RKC Thanks! If your popping through CDA area of Idaho and just happen to have a simonis cloth with you...and extra time...and, ah hell, A guy can dream can't he?!! Thanks for the Replies!!! :smile:

Is This gonna be ok? Can it be a good table?

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks for the input...Talked to the guy today and he said that it was in a bowling alley for a few years, it was one of two that they put in along with some older tables. This was from EAST BOWL in Spokane Wa. Closed down a long time ago. I noticed last night that the base was marked (table 2) and the slate was marked table 4....bummer! Maybe the newer tables that they put in were GC2's...How unfortunate that people cant keep stuff together...Still pretty happy with it i guess. seems to be in great shape.
RKC Thanks! If your popping through CDA area of Idaho and just happen to have a simonis cloth with you...and extra time...and, ah hell, A guy can dream can't he?!! Thanks for the Replies!!! :smile:

Is This gonna be ok? Can it be a good table?

Funny you should mention Coeur d'Alene as i was there yesterday finishing setting up a pool table with a new friend Scott for Jim Edwards. I live in Medical Lake now, give me a call if you want. 702-927-5689

lensmustang

Funny you should mention Coeur d'Alene as i was there yesterday finishing setting up a pool table with a new friend Scott for Jim Edwards. I live in Medical Lake now, give me a call if you want. 702-927-5689

Oh hell, we are practically neighbors. I'm actually in Hauser on the back side of the lake. Its kinda straight north of Post Falls.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Oh hell, we are practically neighbors. I'm actually in Hauser on the back side of the lake. Its kinda straight north of Post Falls.

I just picked up another steelhead pole from the Black Sheep store Friday, that's one of my favorite stores, and NOW you locals have the ONLY Popeyes Chicken restaurant east of the mountains so i stop in there any chance i get....LOL