Resurface the slate

winners07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up an old sports king in really good condition but the end slate has a bevel or hump, its like the slate got really hot and warped, not sure if it was like that new or something happen over the years but you can put a streight edge down and see where it has the hump, and you can run your hand across and really feel it also, i guess i could try to sand it out with a big block and watch it close but has anyone heard of getting it resurfaced back to level, thanks
Yes i read about the crowned slate that was thought to have somthing under it but no this one has it there with the slate just sitting on the frame not bolted down. plus i thought maybe i could flip the slate and use the back side but its on the back also.

Last edited:

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I picked up an old sports king in really good condition but the end slate has a bevel or hump, its like the slate got really hot and warped, not sure if it was like that new or something happen over the years but you can put a streight edge down and see where it has the hump, and you can run your hand across and really feel it also, i guess i could try to sand it out with a big block and watch it close but has anyone heard of getting it resurfaced back to level, thanks
Yes i read about the crowned slate that was thought to have somthing under it but no this one has it there with the slate just sitting on the frame not bolted down. plus i thought maybe i could flip the slate and use the back side but its on the back also.

Where is this 'hump' located? Do you have any photos?