Balkline....

GordonRamsay

Snooker > Pool
Silver Member
eze123 mentioned that he wasn't allowed to draw balk spaces on the carom table he plays on... Does anyone have or know where to find vids of someone playing balkline? I learn the game better if I see it being played...

Hernan7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey !!!

Drawman623 said:
PM me with your address. I'll send the Debacker / Caudron match.

You are lucky you are gonna see Caudron play balkline, and against Debacker. I wish I had a copy of that match too. And yes, it was me, I am the one not allowed to draw lines.

Bruce Warner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best DVD I have seen that shows the play of all the small carom games (as well as 3-cushion) is "The Master of Billiards" by Frederic Caudron. He demonstrates and speaks about (in English) all of these games--and even shows you how to draw lines on the table for balkline.

You can buy it on Kozoom.com, but you will need a multi-region DVD player to watch it, since it is coded for Europe.

Another really incredible DVD is "World Championship Billiard Baulk-line 47/2" in which Frederic Caudron runs 300 and out in one inning in the 47/2 game (we would call it 18.2). The match was the World Championship final match at Ronchin in 2003. You can also get this one on Kozoom.com.