Trentfromtoledo

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
First, a little background on me. I started playing a little less than two years ago. I decided to set up a game room and purchased a cheap furniture table. I had no idea how much I would enjoy playing, so of course I had to upgrade the table.

I became interested in replacing my furniture table with a GC. After reviewing many threads on AZB, regarding the GC vs. Diamond. I noticed that Trentfromtoledo was very informative and even suggested that people get a table from Craigslist or other sources. I figured he would be a good person to ask about a 9 foot GC in Missouri near my fathers house. I thought I would have it rebuilt in a couple years for when I retire.

Trent asked me why I would want that table, when he had a fully reconditioned oversized 8 GC III in San Diego, ready to be installed, with new Simonis and super speed rails. He said he would give it to me for a great price. He sent me some pictures and explained that he had a contract to set up tables across the country at a social club venue. The San Diego location changed the floor plan and cancelled the table. So he was stuck with this table in a storage unit and had to deal with it.

After two days of thinking about it I called Trent up and told him I wanted it. Now, I know I was taking a chance on Trent. For all I know he could have been planning on ripping me off the whole time. I figured if Trent did rip me off, I would hound him on AZB and it would cost him much, much, more in the long run. Being that I work in Law Enforcement, it's hard for me to trust others, but I had a feeling Trent was on the up and up, so I took a chance. I sent Trent half the cost of the table in advance. Of course he would need money for the flight, truck rental, hotel rooms, etc.

About a month later Trent informed me that a very large box containing his tools would be arriving any day. Still a little uneasy about taking a chance, I was happy to hear this news. It reaffirmed that Trent was still coming! That he wasn't trying to pull a fast one.

Finally the day came that Trent was flying into San Diego. He then had a long drive up to San Jose. It took a lot longer because it was a Friday night. Trent arrived about four hours late. Not a big deal to me because most of the work would occur the next day.

On Saturday, Trent and his helper, Tim, where at my house about 10am. There was a lot to do. Trent had to take my old table apart and transport it to a friends and reassemble it there. But before going there he assembled my GC III. He said it would take about four hours. I think it took more like 6-7 hours. Trent used a special level that reads in hundredths I believe. He said it was overkill. I could tell that Trent is a perfectionist when setting up a table. He wants it as close to perfect as he can make it. It's as if he is setting up his own table, everytime. I know this by watching him set up my old table at my friends house. Trent said it would take a couple hours to set it up. He spent 4-5 hours on it. He leveled it at the slate instead of the floor and he also re-stretched the cloth and it was at least two inched tighter than before. I never realized how slow the table played until after seeing that.

One exciting note: At one point Tim was taking a break in the rental truck, parking in my driveway. It was cold out so Tim started the truck to use the heater. About 25 minutes later somebody tried to steal the truck. Good thing Tim was in there. So, if you come from someplace that you can just toss your keys on the seat, I recommend you don't. And if you take a nap in your vehicle and it's running, LOCK THE DOORS. I know it seems paranoid, but if you have ever had some random person jump in your car, you would be too.

Finally, if you are looking for a GC or Diamond table, I would highly recommend Trent. He is knowledgeable and isn't trying to rip anyone off. He is honest and does what he says. At first I was worried about being stiffed, but now I have no hesitation in dealing with Trent. I just received a set of Centennials from Trent and couldn't have got a better deal. I plan on getting a Diamond ball polisher from him next. If you have questions about GC's, Diamonds, or other equipment send him a PM. I'm sure he will respond in quick order.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice review thanks. We get a feel for people as we communicate on AzB. Trent gave me a referral that I passed on to a friend and it worked out great. From reading Trent’s posts and customer feedback ...Trent presents himself as a responsible and quality person.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
First, a little background on me. I started playing a little less than two years ago. I decided to set up a game room and purchased a cheap furniture table. I had no idea how much I would enjoy playing, so of course I had to upgrade the table.

I became interested in replacing my furniture table with a GC. After reviewing many threads on AZB, regarding the GC vs. Diamond. I noticed that Trentfromtoledo was very informative and even suggested that people get a table from Craigslist or other sources. I figured he would be a good person to ask about a 9 foot GC in Missouri near my fathers house. I thought I would have it rebuilt in a couple years for when I retire.

Trent asked me why I would want that table, when he had a fully reconditioned oversized 8 GC III in San Diego, ready to be installed, with new Simonis and super speed rails. He said he would give it to me for a great price. He sent me some pictures and explained that he had a contract to set up tables across the country at a social club venue. The San Diego location changed the floor plan and cancelled the table. So he was stuck with this table in a storage unit and had to deal with it.

After two days of thinking about it I called Trent up and told him I wanted it. Now, I know I was taking a chance on Trent. For all I know he could have been planning on ripping me off the whole time. I figured if Trent did rip me off, I would hound him on AZB and it would cost him much, much, more in the long run. Being that I work in Law Enforcement, it's hard for me to trust others, but I had a feeling Trent was on the up and up, so I took a chance. I sent Trent half the cost of the table in advance. Of course he would need money for the flight, truck rental, hotel rooms, etc.

About a month later Trent informed me that a very large box containing his tools would be arriving any day. Still a little uneasy about taking a chance, I was happy to hear this news. It reaffirmed that Trent was still coming! That he wasn't trying to pull a fast one.

Finally the day came that Trent was flying into San Diego. He then had a long drive up to San Jose. It took a lot longer because it was a Friday night. Trent arrived about four hours late. Not a big deal to me because most of the work would occur the next day.

On Saturday, Trent and his helper, Tim, where at my house about 10am. There was a lot to do. Trent had to take my old table apart and transport it to a friends and reassemble it there. But before going there he assembled my GC III. He said it would take about four hours. I think it took more like 6-7 hours. Trent used a special level that reads in hundredths I believe. He said it was overkill. I could tell that Trent is a perfectionist when setting up a table. He wants it as close to perfect as he can make it. It's as if he is setting up his own table, everytime. I know this by watching him set up my old table at my friends house. Trent said it would take a couple hours to set it up. He spent 4-5 hours on it. He leveled it at the slate instead of the floor and he also re-stretched the cloth and it was at least two inched tighter than before. I never realized how slow the table played until after seeing that.

One exciting note: At one point Tim was taking a break in the rental truck, parking in my driveway. It was cold out so Tim started the truck to use the heater. About 25 minutes later somebody tried to steal the truck. Good thing Tim was in there. So, if you come from someplace that you can just toss your keys on the seat, I recommend you don't. And if you take a nap in your vehicle and it's running, LOCK THE DOORS. I know it seems paranoid, but if you have ever had some random person jump in your car, you would be too.

Finally, if you are looking for a GC or Diamond table, I would highly recommend Trent. He is knowledgeable and isn't trying to rip anyone off. He is honest and does what he says. At first I was worried about being stiffed, but now I have no hesitation in dealing with Trent. I just received a set of Centennials from Trent and couldn't have got a better deal. I plan on getting a Diamond ball polisher from him next. If you have questions about GC's, Diamonds, or other equipment send him a PM. I'm sure he will respond in quick order.

THANKS FOR THE CONSTRUCTIVE AND DETAILED REVIEW!!

Trent from Toledo

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums