Best shipping advice, let me know if you have a better idea, Thanks.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2” PVC pipe schedule 40 inside the USPS triangle box, priority or overnight. You can jump up and down on the box and it will not damage the cues inside, well, as long as Rosie O’Donnel is not jumping off your trampoline and landing on it.

Home Despot has 10’ pieces for around $8. Another supplier has them in 20’ section for around $12. This will add weight that will increase your shipping fees by a couple dollars.

I can fit one cue with two shafts inside each tube.

Inside each box I can put 3 pieces of pipe, that could include 3 butts and 6 shafts. The box will be very tight but the tabs are close to fitting, tape very well and it’s good to go, never had a problem at the Post Office with a box that way.

One more way to prevent fraud is to hand write the address with black felt pin. It’s easy for scammers to rewrite a printed address label, it’s not as easy to copy my hand writing.

If you’re a buyer, ask the seller if your cue will be this well protected, if you’re the seller, assure the buyer you have shipping this good or better.

If there is a better way, let me know, I am all ears.

Smile, it's Wednesday. Thanks again, Dave.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a caution here - if you use the end caps - a section of PVC with end caps installed looks like a pipe bomb if your package is x-rayed. Don't ask me how I know this!

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you put between the cue and shafts that you put into the pvc?

I use the plastic sleeves with bubblewrap or newspaper between the sleeve and pipe.

I should have included that in the original post so Thanks for asking.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always have the buyer confirm their address, PayPal ones can be old. Dont ship,to,business addresses cause the mailroom loses things. Always insure because the time you don't is the time you wish you had.

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't use USPS the tracking system is flawed and they manipulate it they do what they want to do and you never get the true tracking with them.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read the packaging guidelines and make sure, at the minimum, you follow them if you want to be eligible to collect on an insurance claim.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Just a caution here - if you use the end caps - a section of PVC with end caps installed looks like a pipe bomb if your package is x-rayed. Don't ask me how I know this!
That's how I always pack my cues when I check them for air travel. To avoid delays in retrieving it, I have TSA pre-inspect and tag the package before checking it.

P.S. Wrap the cue pieces in bubble wrap before putting them in the PVC pipe together.

pj
chgo

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have received cues like this and they have arrived perfect. I sent some out with the same material and never had a complaint. Once the but and shafts are in the tube they are fairly snug.