The lightest jump cue

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
I have developed a jump cue called the Grim Reaper that weighs the same as the cue ball. It jumps from one ball away as good as I have ever built. I have found that with this light weight it is easier to jump dart style than conventional, but one ball from the in the way ball to two balls away for the target ball is very a consistent once you adapt to the light weight. It took me a few hours to understand this cue but now I can get over a ball away 99% of the time. This cue comes with 3 handles for short and long shots. The thing I have found out most about this cue is that it is almost impossible to knock the cue ball off the table.

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
Hi, how much will it cost, and when is it available? Thank You!

It costs $198.00 on my site www.babysproshop.com plus shipping. I am launching a sale this week for a limited supply for $125.00 plus $15.00 for 2 day air shipping. This add will come out in Inside Pool magazine this coming issue. I also have the Orange Crusher with the Samsara tip on sale for the same price while supplies last. To get the discount you need to order it directly through me until I get thing set up on my web site.

Sharkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This coming from a guy that use to complain to me about Predator Air being to light~ Funny Mike but its good to see. You need to post some pictures soon?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Mike you're a little behind the curve on the subject of ultralight jump cues. They have been out for quite a while already from a lot of different makers.

I still feel that they are too light to control the cueball properly. I prefer 7-9oz so that the shot feels normal.

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
Mike you're a little behind the curve on the subject of ultralight jump cues. They have been out for quite a while already from a lot of different makers.

I still feel that they are too light to control the cueball properly. I prefer 7-9oz so that the shot feels normal.

For certain shots the light jump cue is the nuts. I agree that for certain shots the heavier jump cue will control the cue ball better, but to get over 3 inches away and coming down in a short distance the light cue will dominate. And for a shot 2 feet away and further the light cue will dominate.

mristea

Pool maniac
Silver Member
Crusher tip diameter

It costs $198.00 on my site www.babysproshop.com plus shipping. I am launching a sale this week for a limited supply for $125.00 plus $15.00 for 2 day air shipping. This add will come out in Inside Pool magazine this coming issue. I also have the Orange Crusher with the Samsara tip on sale for the same price while supplies last. To get the discount you need to order it directly through me until I get thing set up on my web site.

Hi,
What tip diameter does the orange crusher have?
Thx!

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
For certain shots the light jump cue is the nuts. I agree that for certain shots the heavier jump cue will control the cue ball better, but to get over 3 inches away and coming down in a short distance the light cue will dominate. And for a shot 2 feet away and further the light cue will dominate.

I have my Anvil B/J cue that is wonderful for the jump that need control, but for the hook that is a balls with from the object ball I know I can get over it and make the shot quite often. If I am 2 feet or more away I can jump with the extended jump length of 46 inches or 54 inches. It has 3 handles 6", 12 and 13" to make the size that works.

suprnva

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my Anvil B/J cue that is wonderful for the jump that need control, but for the hook that is a balls with from the object ball I know I can get over it and make the shot quite often. If I am 2 feet or more away I can jump with the extended jump length of 46 inches or 54 inches. It has 3 handles 6", 12 and 13" to make the size that works.

A 6" handle? With a 29" shaft? Illegal?

Also, I would be shocked if this cue is lighter than the Stealth AT-1.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member

The AT-1 isn't that light. The Predator Air and the Jester jump cues are feathers compared to the Stealth.

suprnva

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The AT-1 isn't that light. The Predator Air and the Jester jump cues are feathers compared to the Stealth.

Maybe I'm just too strong (lol, yeah right!) then because the Stealth feels like air in my hands. The Predator is super light too. Never held a Jester.

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member

Most of my shafts with a 12 handle come the weight of the cue ball, 5.9 oz. some lighter. The 6" handle screws into with the 12" to make an 18" handle. Do you really think I don't know what the legal length of a jump cue is. Here is a fact that cannot be disputed. I have the FT2 ferrule/tip on these cues that nobody else can put on their cues, and this makes it guaranteed for life from ever cracking or splitting or I pay the shipping to warranty it.

suprnva

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of my shafts with a 12 handle come the weight of the cue ball, 5.9 oz. some lighter. The 6" handle screws into with the 12" to make an 18" handle. Do you really think I don't know what the legal length of a jump cue is. Here is a fact that cannot be disputed. I have the FT2 ferrule/tip on these cues that nobody else can put on their cues, and this makes it guaranteed for life from ever cracking or splitting or I pay the shipping to warranty it.

Ok, that makes more sense. The way you had it written it sounded like the 6" handle was to be used with just the shaft so that's why I asked.

Is the FT2 ferrule/tip just the phenolic ferrule/tip that you've been using for years or is it actually something different now?

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
Ok, that makes more sense. The way you had it written it sounded like the 6" handle was to be used with just the shaft so that's why I asked.

Is the FT2 ferrule/tip just the phenolic ferrule/tip that you've been using for years or is it actually something different now?

It is a new ferrule that I have made to my specifications that is protected under my patent. I have had this new material for about 2 years.

suprnva

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a new ferrule that I have made to my specifications that is protected under my patent. I have had this new material for about 2 years.

Do you have any pics of the ferrule/tip? I can't find any on your website and I'm curious as to what it looks like. What makes it superior to normal phenolic ferrule/tip combos?