2017 Derby City Bigfoot 10 Ball

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
So what was Shaw's final accu-stat average? 0.988 on a ten foot table or something similar when he finished would be almost unprecedented, would it not? I know about a couple of perfect 1.000 performances in races to seven on regular tables but this seems to be at another level.

If he keeps this up, he may just go on a Michael Van Gerwen run of dominance in sport. He's a dart player who absolutely dominated the tour this year at a time when the level of play has risen quite a bit...Ronnie O'Sullivan called him maybe the best sportsmen in the world at the moment.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
So what was Shaw's final accu-stat average? 0.988 on a ten foot table or something similar when he finished would be almost unprecedented, would it not? I know about a couple of perfect 1.000 performances in races to seven on regular tables but this seems to be at another level.

If he keeps this up, he may just go on a Michael Van Gerwen run of dominance in sport. He's a dart player who absolutely dominated the tour this year at a time when the level of play has risen quite a bit...Ronnie O'Sullivan called him maybe the best sportsmen in the world at the moment.

His final TPA was .951, after 2 or 3 errors in the last rack.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
His final TPA was .951, after 2 or 3 errors in the last rack.

Yeah, after 10 racks he was on a 6-pack and a score of 10-0 with 91 balls pocketed and 1 error (.989 TPA). But then he was charged with 4 more errors in the last 2 racks, ending with 97 balls and 5 errors for .951.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saturday Match Times

1:00pm - Karl Boyes vs. Thorsten Hohmann

3:30 - Alex Kazakis vs. Alex Pagulayan

Dinner Break

7:00pm - Darren Appleton vs. Fedor Gorst

9:30 Carlo Biado vs. Ruslan Chinakhov

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I was ring side for all of today's matches. Shaw's performance was probably the best I ever see anyone play while viewing live maybe period. Conversely, I've never seen Shane play that bad and miss that many balls. Dennis didn't exactly light the world on fire and left the door wide open, but SVB couldn't walk through it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He'd like MVG's winnings, that's for sure. As would Ronnie, come to think of it...

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bracket.. What a draw for Dennis. Shane, then Shaw.

Sky vs Lee Van

Dennis vs Shaw

16143181_2059656730927274_623074877795081311_n.jpg

Last edited:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
There are red and green buttons next to each players chair in the arena. They don't seem to be using them for the Bigfoot, but does anyone know what purpose they will serve?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
There are red and green buttons next to each players chair in the arena. They don't seem to be using them for the Bigfoot, but does anyone know what purpose they will serve?

I think they have to do with whether or not the player still has an extension when they're using a shot clock.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex Pagulayan in early trouble here down 4-0.

Kazakis looking rock solid with a 3 pack right now.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kazakis takes down Alex 11-5. .908 vs .820

Kazakis ran a 4pack early on to keep Alex in a his seat.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Message to Accu-stats: Please arm the commentators with more information about the players.

The Pagulayan vs Kazakis match was introduced as a match between a giant and somebody who was about to get experience the hard way. Kazakis was labeled, more or less, a shot-maker with a puncher’s chance.

Obviously, neither of the commentators know that Kazakis is currently the WPA #11 ranked player, that he beat Pagulayan at the 2015 US Open easily (11-4 if memory serves) and that he knocked Van Boening out of the Greek Open in 2015. Kazakis is also the defending 2016 Kremlin Cup champion. Yes, Pagulayan was surely the favorite going in, and I was rooting for the living legend, but little respect was paid to the WPA #11 ranked player in the world.

As we saw, Kazakis is quite a complete player who plays the patterns quite well and plays adequately in the moves game. He’s clearly not one of pool’s biggest stars yet, but like Chinakhov, he must be reckoned a future member of Europe’s Mosconi Cup team. Although he managed a couple of them, he didn’t win by making super-tough shots, but instead by avoiding them.

Credit to Mark Wilson for admitting he had misevaluated Kazakis at the beginning of the match, but his suggestion that Kazakis’ game has developed considerably since the 2016 US Open was very unfounded, as Kazakis won the Kremlin Cup just a couple of weeks after the 2016 US Open, beating Hohmann in the finals. Alex has been a phenomenal player for at least eighteen months.

To be fair, I feel that this match was commentated skillfully, but I maintain that the commentators were not armed with enough information going into it.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Toasty knocked out Karl Boyes, but the commentator(i forget which) said Alex Kazakis will play Karl Boyes in the next round.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Toasty knocked out Karl Boyes, but the commentator(i forget which) said Alex Kazakis will play Karl Boyes in the next round.

Yes, I noticed that. Hard to figure, as Hohmann crushed Boyes just a few hours ago. Hohmann vs Kazakis should be a nice quarterfinal.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Message to Accu-stats: Please arm the commentators with more information about the players.

The Pagulayan vs Kazakis match was introduced as a match between a giant and somebody who was about to get experience the hard way. Kazakis was labeled, more or less, a shot-maker with a puncher’s chance.

Obviously, neither of the commentators know that Kazakis is currently the WPA #11 ranked player, that he beat Pagulayan at the 2015 US Open easily (11-4 if memory serves) and that he knocked Van Boening out of the Greek Open in 2015. Kazakis is also the defending 2016 Kremlin Cup champion. Yes, Pagulayan was surely the favorite going in, and I was rooting for the living legend, but little respect was paid to the WPA #11 ranked player in the world.

As we saw, Kazakis is quite a complete player who plays the patterns quite well and plays adequately in the moves game. He’s clearly not one of pool’s biggest stars yet, but like Chinakhov, he must be reckoned a future member of Europe’s Mosconi Cup team. Although he managed a couple of them, he didn’t win by making super-tough shots, but instead by avoiding them.

Credit to Mark Wilson for admitting he had misevaluated Kazakis at the beginning of the match, but his suggestion that Kazakis’ game has developed considerably since the 2016 US Open was very unfounded, as Kazakis won the Kremlin Cup just a couple of weeks after the 2016 US Open, beating Hohmann in the finals. Alex has been a phenomenal player for at least eighteen months.

To be fair, I feel that this match was commentated skillfully, but I maintain that the commentators were not armed with enough information going into it.

sent it in Sir.
tyvm, I know they look forward to your input.