My old OB Pro shaft got weird on me

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had this OB Pro for about 4 years +-. It was never dead straight but plenty acceptable. I started playing again daily about a month ago and it was about the same. A few days ago it looked weird so I rolled it and wow, it had a pretty big bow. The tip was raising up off the pool table some.

This shaft owes me nothing so I said what the heck. I rolled it to get the high point of the bow up, held it down flat on the pool table, and grabbed it by the ferrel and pulled it up some. I checked it and the roll was less. So I figured what the heck, I continued working it that way until I got it back to where it was before.

It has stayed that way for three days now. Weird! I may have saved myself a few hundred bucks. We'll see.

Not that I wouldn't want an excuse to by a new Mezz shaft.:grin-square:

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz does make some very good playing cues. I prefer the ones with the United joint :wink: They are reasonably priced considering their quality is up and and beyond outstanding. EC7 series and the sneaky pete style MSP serie are good places to strike a bargain on one if one was to consider a new playing cue with a great shaft :wink:

Of course as you are just plain happy about your OB shaft that has developed a habit to dance around on its own you wont be likely to find the above useful or anything. Congrats on bending it back in shape for now :rolleyes:

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz does make some very good playing cues. I prefer the ones with the United joint :wink: They are reasonably priced considering their quality is up and and beyond outstanding. EC7 series and the sneaky pete style MSP serie are good places to strike a bargain on one if one was to consider a new playing cue with a great shaft :wink:

Of course as you are just plain happy about your OB shaft that has developed a habit to dance around on its own you wont be likely to find the above useful or anything. Congrats on bending it back in shape for now :rolleyes:

Thanks Kimmo, Like you said for now.

I just bought the break stick last week . I really like the balance of the Joss and OB . I will hang on to it as long as possible. My Mezz break shaft fits my Joss no problem so, I will probably just get a Mezz shaft. Got my eye on the EX. That's about the cost of a cue. I hope to got to the Expo in April and try it out