Using wax when using a pool ball cleaner

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use aramith ball polisher, about one out of every four times they run through the polisher period And I run them through polisher about every three times I play.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt once gave some good advice along the lines of: wax the balls for playing 14.1 (I'm partial to Colorback by Turtle Wax) and Aramith cleaner for playing all other games.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt once gave some good advice along the lines of: wax the balls for playing 14.1 (I'm partial to Colorback by Turtle Wax) and Aramith cleaner for playing all other games.

I question both his motives and actions, re ball doctorin,,,err, polishing.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Anyone ever dilute Aramith cleaner with water and put it in a mist/spray bottle?

I feel like it would work great if you got the balls rolling in the machine, shake the bottle up and just hit it with a few mists.

Does the cleaner and/or other products start to buildup in the ball polisher?

Also I didn't think you were ever supposed to apply waxes to the balls??

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't wax the balls unless you plan thoroughly buffing the wax off, over time it'll turn the cloth and rails and slight hint of yellow but eh cloth will become shiny slick. A local pool hall near me washes their balls with a cleaning compound containing a wax and do not wipe he off afterwards. The tables play unfun fast and the balls have worn to the point where they are way too small due to the added friction. I'm not a professional maintenance man but this is what I believe happens. If they're your balls and table do with them as you please

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone ever dilute Aramith cleaner with water and put it in a mist/spray bottle?

I feel like it would work great if you got the balls rolling in the machine, shake the bottle up and just hit it with a few mists.

Give it a try and let us know

If you take too long of course, I'll give it a go

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Don't wax the balls unless you plan thoroughly buffing the wax off, over time it'll turn the cloth and rails and slight hint of yellow but eh cloth will become shiny slick. A local pool hall near me washes their balls with a cleaning compound containing a wax and do not wipe he off afterwards. The tables play unfun fast and the balls have worn to the point where they are way too small due to the added friction. I'm not a professional maintenance man but this is what I believe happens. If they're your balls and table do with them as you please

Right. I've heard the wax residue can build up on the cloth as well if you apply wax to the balls.

I think a light amount of cleaner and buffed to a shine in the polisher would be best. I think you want the balls to be completely free of any chemicals or waxes before play.

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm pretty sure my local hall does this.

Seems to work well for them.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have 3 sets of balls I rotate thru, Centennials, Aramith Tournaments, and Cyclops skittles. I clean them in my Diamond single platter polisher when they start to look like they have been played with. I put a single drop of Aramith Ball Cleaner on every other ball (4 drops total) for 20 minutes, they come out looking brand new. I never, never use wax to clean them.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
My new Diamond table and ball polisher will be here in Feb!

Can't wait!
:grin:

Your going to love your Diamond polisher, I cant believe money can buy a better one. You will probably like the table too. What finish did you get, the black phenolic or wood? It would be nice if they could get the Dymondwood thing sorted out again.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Your going to love your Diamond polisher, I cant believe money can buy a better one. You will probably like the table too. What finish did you get, the black phenolic or wood? It would be nice if they could get the Dymondwood thing sorted out again.

Got the black stained oak.

The PRC or whatever it's called, while being dent/burn resistant just looked a little unnatural to me for my home.

The stained oak looked better to me aesthetically.

I'm also not very prone to accidents either so I'm not to worried about needing the same level of protection as you would in a commercial setting.

The décor in my game room is going to have an industrial look to it as well... leather, iron, black oak, and some other vintage items so the table should be a great fit.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Less typing and more party planning.
We comin over and leaving when we get tored of pool.
Got the black stained oak.

The PRC or whatever it's called, while being dent/burn resistant just looked a little unnatural to me for my home.

The stained oak looked better to me aesthetically.

I'm also not very prone to accidents either so I'm not to worried about needing the same level of protection as you would in a commercial setting.

The décor in my game room is going to have an industrial look to it as well... leather, iron, black oak, and some other vintage items so the table should be a great fit.

ironsoldier71

Registered
Many players use Turtle Wax which works...but I would not use that wax often as it is not appropriate for frequent use, since the harsh chemicals can damage and warp the balls. Often ball sets also have their own cleaners and polishes on the market that are designed for best results in cleaning your billiard Ball Sets. Also you can find these and machines to clean and polish the billiard balls from billiard supply shops.

Kind Regards,
Michael McDonald
Shooters Billiard Supply
www.shootersbilliardsupply.com
Player: Two Feather Anasazi by Viking Pool Cues (11 of 150)
Shaft: ViKore Shaft by Viking Pool Cues
Break: Predator Break 3 Pool Cue
Jump: Air 2 by Predator Pool Cues
Case: Instroke 3x5 Southwest Black Pool Cue Case
Table: Diamond Pro Am 9 ft with Aramith Tourney TV Pool Balls

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I run them through my home made ball refurbishing device and use the Aramith cleaner first pass and then hit them with a light mist of lemon scented Pledge. I like the smell of my balls.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My new Diamond table and ball polisher will be here in Feb!

Can't wait!
:grin:

Well then - I'll get a spray bottle and see if a solution of the Official Aramith Billiard Ball Cleaner and some purified water will actually go through the nozzle, since Feb is a ways off!

I try this out with my Diamond polisher and report back when I get it set up.

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk