Help identify a table please

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm giving her until tomorrow, see what I can find then I will post a link to it.

Call the local police dept and ask for information. They might know something about the address or name? Maybe they are aware of suspicious activity? AND I WOULDNT TAKE MY WIFE ALONG! And going armed probably would be prudent.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW Looks like sometime around 1950 the Brunswick Anniversary came standard with maroon pockets. Below is the pocket info listed under the section of Brunswick Anniversary 1950 service bulletins.

- Pockets: Maroon one piece molded rubber.

drlouis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it. I'll let you know how it turns out. Got pretty excited, but all the weird has me calmed back down.

not to derail my own thread, but If I could pick your collective brains again? I've been pretty much settled on a Diamond Pro-Am, and while I save up my nickels and dimes I'm keeping an eye on the used market just in case something good pops up. Besides the one above I've found two others that caught my eye: first is a Connelly ultimate (2" 4-piece slate) with 6 legs, in what appears to be great condition, guy is asking $3,000. which would you take and why? price difference is *about* $2,500 not counting install which I'd need for either one.

and second: has anyone heard of a Robertson "Black Maxx"? found one of those (9 foot), but can't find much of anything about them. Are they good? would you buy one or keep saving for the Diamond? Guy is asking an even grand for it... it's currently apart. and he's been working on it himself.... replaced cushions, added decals to the skirts, etc. that last part makes me significantly nervous, I'm picky. very picky and not everyone is.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am pretty sure I saw the same pictures on Craigslist Louisville, Ky. It has been a few months, so, maybe it isn't the same picture but it sure does look like the same table and room.

drlouis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
<<<snip>>>
not to derail my own thread, but If I could pick your collective brains again? I've been pretty much settled on a Diamond Pro-Am, and while I save up my nickels and dimes I'm keeping an eye on the used market just in case something good pops up. Besides the one above I've found two others that caught my eye: first is a Connelly ultimate (2" 4-piece slate) with 6 legs, in what appears to be great condition, guy is asking $3,000. which would you take and why? price difference is *about* $2,500 not counting install which I'd need for either one.

and second: has anyone heard of a Robertson "Black Maxx"? found one of those (9 foot), but can't find much of anything about them. Are they good? would you buy one or keep saving for the Diamond? Guy is asking an even grand for it... it's currently apart. and he's been working on it himself.... replaced cushions, added decals to the skirts, etc. that last part makes me significantly nervous, I'm picky. very picky and not everyone is.
nobody has an opinion, or do I need to start a different thread?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it. I'll let you know how it turns out. Got pretty excited, but all the weird has me calmed back down.

The Connelly Ultimate was one helluva table. The slate was so thick that the balls were silent rolling on it. It was (and is) a monster pool table. Of course, it must be set up by an expert to play properly. I would rate the Robertson Black Max about equal or maybe slightly superior to the Gandy Big G table. A damn good table for 1K, again if set up properly. It was designed as a poolroom table, made for heavy use. Tables like this will almost always be better (for a serious pool player) than all the antique replica home style tables built by various manufacturers. There are exceptions to this (Peter Vitalie is one who comes to mind), but they are the exceptions and not the rule.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This deal looks shady a/f. I wouldnt bother.

On the topic of Brunswicks with red pockets though..... :grin:

Attachments

• photo 1(4).jpg
    photo 1(4).jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 108

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking around the web while I wait to hear back and found this, which is obviously the exact picture... I'm definitely going to need to talk to this gal before I make a 5hr (one way) drive to get this thing.

That says the table is in india.

Id say that home looks very american.

Might ask for a current picture...ask her to put only one ball on the playing surface. Shiiiiit, I'd ask her to place 2 balls in the mouth of a pocket, so you can sneak a better look at the way they're cut too.

Last edited:

drlouis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Connelly Ultimate was one helluva table. The slate was so thick that the balls were silent rolling on it. It was (and is) a monster pool table. Of course, it must be set up by an expert to play properly. I would rate the Robertson Black Max about equal or maybe slightly superior to the Gandy Big G table. A damn good table for 1K, again if set up properly. It was designed as a poolroom table, made for heavy use. Tables like this will almost always be better (for a serious pool player) than all the antique replica home style tables built by various manufacturers. There are exceptions to this (Peter Vitalie is one who comes to mind), but they are the exceptions and not the rule.
thank you! so if YOU were trying to decide between the Connelly and continuing to save (another month or so) for a new Diamond Pro-Am, which do you think you'd go for? (the black max has sold)

That says the table is in india.

Id say that home looks very american.

Might ask for a current picture...ask her to put only one ball on the playing surface. Shiiiiit, I'd ask her to place 2 balls in the mouth of a pocket, so you can sneak a better look at the way they're cut too.
yeah, that was my plan (more pics, not necesarily the 2 balls in a pocket, although it's an excellent idea which I'll happily steal...) IF I can ever get a response from her...:cool:

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It'll be a sad day indeed if The Cue Ball ever closes...Centennials or Anniversary, your choice. If you like snooker or 3 cushion, tables for that too.

Ivory Billiards in MA has some nice Centennial tables and a 3C one as well.

http://ivorybilliards.com/

They host several charity tournaments a year that I usually go to. One was for Shriners Clowns that was fun, it was literally a bunch of clowns playing pool LOL

Last edited: