Top Line pool table?

Strokerz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone heard of a top line table? It's suppose to resemble a GC typr table. It has 3 piece 1 inch slate. Guy has one local for $100. I'm gonna check it out and see if it's worth buying to resell. ANy info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Brian

JPAlexis

Registered
Top Line

I think it was made by National Billiard company out of Ohio. I have one. Mine came with Brunswick super speed cushions. They play very nice. I bought it in 84. It cost $3,700 new, back then. This company was one of the oldest pool table company's, almost as old as Brunswick. I understand their factory had a fire in the early 90's and they never made pool tables after that.

JPA

SlateHumper

Pokin' and Hopin'
Silver Member
National Billiard

Topline tables were made by National. I have worked on, bought and sold dozens of them. They are a well made table. The frames are not as beefy as a GC but they still play well. National is still in business. They are now located in Covington KY. They mostly do custom made leather pocket tables now. 859-431-4129

jamesinyork

Registered
Topline, by National Billiards

New to the forum. 1st reply.
I have a National from the 70's that probably
plays better than GC's, not sure if it beats a
Diamond. Great Table. Have Fun!

Kahuna

I also own one of these tables that I'm resurrecting from storage. Unfortunately it is too big for our basement, so I be assembling it and put it up for sale on Craigslist. :angry:

9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
parts

Anyone know where I can find a casting for the score keeper on a topline table? If you look on the left side of the table you will see a missing casting. Knob ect.

Let me know if you have one or know how I may get a replacement. thanks

9ball

Attachments

• DSCI0262.jpg
    DSCI0262.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 9,503

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Anyone know where I can find a casting for the score keeper on a topline table? If you look on the left side of the table you will see a missing casting. Knob ect.

9ball

You could try Classic Billiards and/or contact National Billiards. It doesn't look like National makes tables anymore but they may have parts. If you contact Classic Billiards get a closeup pic of the good counter and the broken one and table info.

speedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

9ball

Wow!! I love the look of that table. You are very fortunate to have such a beauty. Isn't it interesting how the outside appearance of a table just shouts out how well it's made inside?

Speedi

281Thunder

I've been searching around for a while and this is the only place I can find any information on Top Line tables. I picked one up from my old neighbors a few years ago...they said if I could move it, I could have it for free. So I found a way to move it. We tore it down and moved it to where I was living at the time. It looks almost like the one pictured above, except the legs are different, I don't have scorekeepers, or the gold banding. When I got it, the veneer was cracked and broken on the rails, felt was dirty and nasty, and the sides and legs were this nasty pea green color. I refinished it the best I could with my knowledge. It's a great table and plays great. I moved shortly thereafter though, and had to tear it down again. I couldn't set it up for a while. I just moved into my own place a few years back, and have finished my basement. I'm now going to set the table back up, and spend more time on the refinishing of it. I'd like to have new castings, pockets, and the metal corner pieces. I can't seem to find anything close to resembling them. Hoping someone might have some information on where I can get these pieces.

Here's a few pics from when I refinished it the first time...

table1.jpg

table2.jpg

Jim Vondrell

Accu-Level Billiard Svc
Silver Member
I've been searching around for a while and this is the only place I can find any information on Top Line tables. I picked one up from my old neighbors a few years ago...they said if I could move it, I could have it for free. So I found a way to move it. We tore it down and moved it to where I was living at the time. It looks almost like the one pictured above, except the legs are different, I don't have scorekeepers, or the gold banding. When I got it, the veneer was cracked and broken on the rails, felt was dirty and nasty, and the sides and legs were this nasty pea green color. I refinished it the best I could with my knowledge. It's a great table and plays great. I moved shortly thereafter though, and had to tear it down again. I couldn't set it up for a while. I just moved into my own place a few years back, and have finished my basement. I'm now going to set the table back up, and spend more time on the refinishing of it. I'd like to have new castings, pockets, and the metal corner pieces. I can't seem to find anything close to resembling them. Hoping someone might have some information on where I can get these pieces.

Here's a few pics from when I refinished it the first time...

table1.jpg

table2.jpg

New castings don't exist. I would just polish yours. Not sure why you need apron peices and fyi they go on behind aprons not on the front. New molded rubber pockets are easy. It looks like an older one are the rails TRails and bolt into the sides of slate?

jimontheriver

Top Line Snooker Table

I have a Top Line Snooker Table that I bought from the local pool hall about 40 years ago when it closed. It has been set up in may basement all this time but never get used and thinking about sell it. It had new very high grade cloth put on it when it was set up and is still like new. Overall size is about 69" x 125". Anyone have any idea what it is worth? Thanks, JIM

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4795.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

Last edited:

zumpa21

Registered
Here's a top line listed on CL in Chicago

Attachments

• 3o73p03ld5O45U25P2b97cd534175c7191a48.jpg
    3o73p03ld5O45U25P2b97cd534175c7191a48.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,137
  • 3n23m43l35U25P05X2b9792dedf48c8a712e1.jpg
    3n23m43l35U25P05X2b9792dedf48c8a712e1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 967

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked at a 9 foot Top Line coin op version today, it's all currently dissembled. Anything to look out for?