The best instructor in the usa... Robin dreyer

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
robin dreyer in beaverton oregon is the best instructor in the USA.... 503-848-0422
imho
i have takes 3 lessons with scott lee......a 3 day lesson with mark wilson
and i do want to say they did help me with my fundamentals
BUT
neither one could fix my tendency to unintentional right hand spin
i was convinced it was my vision center
i am right handed and left eye dominant
BUT IT TOOK ROBIN TO FIND THE PROBLEM AND CORRECT IT...:thumbup::thumbup::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
he was an upper level pro when he played but has devoted the last 30 years to teaching
his methodology to position play and kicking i have never read in a book or the instructors above ever mentioned
IF YOU WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME GIVE ROBIN A CALL
i have never hit the ball cleaner than i am now...:smile:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did he just start teaching pool?

I know you're being sarcastic, but no, Robin has 30+ years of teaching pool full time. bbb and I feel it's high time he get some national recognition. He's newly on the teaching staff of BU (all he had to do was apply with his credentials). He has two pool tables in his house, one 7' and a 9' table. He teaches full time 8-12 hours a day, 6-7 days a week and has for over 30 years.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
robin dreyer in beaverton oregon is the best instructor in the USA.... 503-848-0422
imho
i have takes 3 lessons with scott lee......a 3 day lesson with mark wilson
and i do want to say they did help me with my fundamentals
BUT
neither one could fix my tendency to unintentional right hand spin
i was convinced it was my vision center
i am right handed and left eye dominant
BUT IT TOOK ROBIN TO FIND THE PROBLEM AND CORRECT IT...:thumbup::thumbup::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
he was an upper level pro when he played but has devoted the last 30 years to teaching
his methodology to position play and kicking i have never read in a book or the instructors above ever mentioned
IF YOU WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME GIVE ROBIN A CALL
i have never hit the ball cleaner than i am now...:smile:

Fantastic!! Glad to hear it. It's always a great thing to find a hidden gem!!!

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you're being sarcastic, but no, Robin has 30+ years of teaching pool full time. bbb and I feel it's high time he get some national recognition. He's newly on the teaching staff of BU (all he had to do was apply with his credentials). He has two pool tables in his house, one 7' and a 9' table. He teaches full time 8-12 hours a day, 6-7 days a week and has for over 30 years.

If he is this busy why in the world would he need, or even want, more business? That don't even make sense. In another thread you said he charges a third of what, "Big Name Instructors" charge,,,,,,,, well if he's working that many hours and ain't making the money then he don't charge enough. He could double his price, maybe loose half of his customers, work half as much, and make the same money. And don't claim he's not doing it for the money, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to drum up business for him,,,,, and if he was that busy how did Larry get 3 days with him on a moments notice. Yet again, your story is coming apart.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
If he is this busy why in the world would he need, or even want, more business? That don't even make sense. In another thread you said he charges a third of what, "Big Name Instructors" charge,,,,,,,, well if he's working that many hours and ain't making the money then he don't charge enough. He could double his price, maybe loose half of his customers, work half as much, and make the same money. And don't claim he's not doing it for the money, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to drum up business for him,,,,, and if he was that busy how did Larry get 3 days with him on a moments notice. Yet again, your story is coming apart.

He cleared his schedule of local students for bbb. I'm done here. You make it your job to turn, twist and distort everything I post. I suppose that is fun sport for you and Spidy. I've done the best I can and 3 or 4 more guys will be heading to Portland. That's success as they will be posting positive things too.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He cleared his schedule of local students for bbb. I'm done here. You make it your job to turn, twist and distort everything I post. I suppose that is fun sport for you and Spidy. I've done the best I can and 3 or 4 more guys will be heading to Portland. That's success as they will be posting positive things too.

nonsense,,,,,,,

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are over 250 registered Instructors in the PBIA organization.
You visit 2-3 and make that statement. Amazing.

randyg

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

randyg

I agree. I think bbb was pretty excited when he started this thread and the other in the Main Forum. Robin is good and deserves national recognition but stating "He's the best in the USA" is over the top.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

randyg

randy
scott is a master instructor considered one of the best
mark wilson is a very respected instructor besides being the former mosconi cup captain and the head of a university billiard program
its true i havent tried all 250 instructors in the pbia organization
but since robin helped me when scott or mark didnt
TO ME robin is the best in the usa
to me its amazing scott or mark didnt help me
THAT IS WHAT IS AMAZING

Reactions: JC

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Took another lesson from Robin. It never fails to amaze me how much he knows. I don't have time left in my life to learn even a tenth of it, but it's fun trying and fascinating to just watch and learn. Here is a guy that has gone through all of the cycles in pool and has virtually spent his whole life on the pool table either playing or teaching. It's hard to believe one guy could come up with all of the things he has, like all original drills, software that he's actually written the code, banking systems, safety play, etc. etc. If I can just learn the way he can step up to the table and just see the angles. Truly amazing. I hope someone else gets a chance to see this for themselves. So far, one man has ventured west to see Robin and he's quite happy. I don't want to argue with anyone, just stating that I've found a true genius in the game of pool and I like to share good things. I'm not saying "he's the best" because I haven't been to the others, but I am saying I can't imagine anyone better. Robin teaches all games but specializes in 8,9,10 ball and 14:1. Watching him run at 8 ball with minimum CB travel after contact is amazing. He can pick up the easiest patterns for the run out. After the break, he'll take the hardest suite and still run out, 90-100% of the time. The way he gets perfect shape with little bitty movements of the CB, 7" back, 6" over, stun +3", break outs, etc. etc. Until you see it with your own eyes, you won't believe it and think I must be exaggerating.

Last edited: