Anyone here live near Irvine, Ca?

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
Hey friends.... I'm heading to Irvine, Ca. for a couple days. Anyone on here live there or near? Any good places near the air port to shoot a little pool?

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
Hey friends.... I'm heading to Irvine, Ca. for a couple days. Anyone on here live there or near? Any good places near the air port to shoot a little pool?

I work in Irvine. About the only place really close to the airport I know of is a casual sports bar called "The Classic Q" right by the airport. Strictly furniture tables (9' and 7') and mostly office workers. Quiet at lunch times if you just want to knock balls around and the food is pretty good.

There's Games Plus in Costa Mesa about 15 minutes drive away but I've not been there myself.

If you want a more serious player's room drive north to Danny K's in Orange, there's a regular handicapped 9-ball tournament (weekday evenings except Tuesday and Friday, and weekend afternoons) However watch out for the awful rush hour traffic, from Irvine it can take an hour at 5pm to drive the 15 miles to get there.

If your tastes run to 3-Cushion or Golf you could try Westminster Billiards up the 405, although again watch out for the rush hour traffic.

Feel free to PM me with your dates/times and I'd be happy to meet up with you if you want to play some.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
I work in Irvine. About the only place really close to the airport I know of is a casual sports bar called "The Classic Q" right by the airport. Strictly furniture tables (9' and 7') and mostly office workers. Quiet at lunch times if you just want to knock balls around and the food is pretty good.

There's Games Plus in Costa Mesa about 15 minutes drive away but I've not been there myself.

If you want a more serious player's room drive north to Danny K's in Orange, there's a regular handicapped 9-ball tournament (weekday evenings except Tuesday and Friday, and weekend afternoons) However watch out for the awful rush hour traffic, from Irvine it can take an hour at 5pm to drive the 15 miles to get there.

If your tastes run to 3-Cushion or Golf you could try Westminster Billiards up the 405, although again watch out for the rush hour traffic.

Feel free to PM me with your dates/times and I'd be happy to meet up with you if you want to play some.

Thanks for the info.... My wife is running this short trip.... We arrive Thursday evening and then have a meeting on Friday.... I'm hoping to have some time on Thursday night and Friday night to play some.... I will not have my cues though..... Then we fly back out on Saturday morning.... So if it works out, I will PM you... Thanks!!

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Classic Q is a nice pub. Last time I was there, they only gave tables if you bought food...been a couple years though.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Westminster Billiards (in Santa Ana) probably has the best equipment of the mentioned places,
and one of the tightest pocket GC3 ever.
Parking isn't ideal there.
Very respectful vibe going on.

There's another place in Westminster,
on Westminster Blvd., next to ''In n Out'' burger,
right off the 405 freeway. Not the best spot,
but it is right next to In n Out. Lol.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How was your trip Captain? Where did you end up going to play and how did you like it.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
How was your trip Captain? Where did you end up going to play and how did you like it.

Well..... The trip was great. Short but great. Weather was amazing. That area is beautiful!! However, there was no time to play. All business. We will be heading back out there at some point. Hopefully next month. We are going to try to stay 2 extra days next trip for some R&R. Will go to one of the places mentioned. Thanks for asking...

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well..... The trip was great. Short but great. Weather was amazing. That area is beautiful!! However, there was no time to play. All business. We will be heading back out there at some point. Hopefully next month. We are going to try to stay 2 extra days next trip for some R&R. Will go to one of the places mentioned. Thanks for asking...

Well, If you are visiting the same area, I'd suggest a trip to Balboa Island. Not pool related, but it's a pretty cool little beach town very near to Irvine.

Best.