Simonis X-1 Cleaner

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, its been a couple of years since i last asked this. The subject product has been out for a few years now and its certainly long enough to get a good feel about its worthiness.

So, what does everyone think? Is it a worthwhile product?

I am having alot of skidding problems and i really believe its because of the dust in the cloth. However, in about ten days my GCIV is being moved and new cloth will be put on and, hopefully, alot of my skidding problems will be solved. But i want to be sure and keep the dust out of the new Tournament Blue 860 Simonis and the X-1 Cleaner is the first thing i thought of.

DCP

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I've been using the X-1 for about two years now after receiving it as a gift. Though pricey, it does work. It is the only cloth cleaning tool I ever use now. I used to use Quickclean, but that stuff is toxic I'm sure.

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems to work well for me, after 3 months of use. I use it after I'm done playing each time.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been using the X-1 since the new Simonis cloth was installed last year. Table looks great. I recommend having/using one. Occasional light vacuuming is good also. Never use the QuickClean spray. It spotted my older cloth badly. I had to use wet rags on the entire table to remove the spotting. I would spray a horse hair brush with Endust if I use any spray cleaners. Getting back on subject...the X-1 works.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
X-1 works fine, but does leave my hands blue after playing though. I will use a wet cloth after using the X-1 periodically and that cuts down on my blue hands for a time.

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
I don't get any blue on my hands. I would say that the more frequently it is used, the better the results. Definitely still need a hand vac as well, but cleaning my table once per week takes about 10 minutes and is immaculate!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I doubt anyone will be chalk free after playing. Chalk is chalk. But the X-1 reduces the chalk and keeps the cloth in great condition.

9BallPaul

Banned
Thumbs up!

The X-1 has been excellent over two years. The only time I brush is for old-time's sake. Augmented by an occasional damp micro-fiber cloth, my Simonis is in excellent shape after two years, and it gets daily play.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I had Blue Simonis installed on my table and bought the X-1. I use orange pre flag Master chalk because I have many boxes left from when my table was the Brunswick orange. I would use the X-1 after a few racks and put it into the box it came in. I started seeing what looked like blue dust accumulating in the box. It was fibers from the cloth. Not chalk because I only use the orange.

I found that a micro fiber cloth works just as good. Can really tell how great it works because the orange shows up and then is removed after using either the X-1 or cloth. I will occassionally vacuum the table.

Found that using blue chalk so it blends in is bull. Using something that contrasts and then you can see it remove it afterwards. That is the best way to keep the table clean. Why would you want the chalk to hide?

Run the Century

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recommendation from RKC

I have the simonis X1. It works fine - but I have to say RKC told me just to get one of those cheap black board erasures (the old type - that was used on CHALKBOARDS) and it works just as well (maybe a little better). Cost a buck.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
A microfiber cloth wrapped around a sponge works on the same principle.

I have the simonis X1. It works fine - but I have to say RKC told me just to get one of those cheap black board erasures (the old type - that was used on CHALKBOARDS) and it works just as well (maybe a little better). Cost a buck.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A microfiber cloth wrapped around a sponge works on the same principle.

Lacks the ergonomics and superior design of the X-1 :grin::grin::grin:

Also, not a solid flat surface that will fit under rails.
RKC's blackboard eraser would be a better alternative, but would have less contact area than the X-1.

bob c

In the Eye of the Storm
Silver Member
I've had an X-1 for about 2 years. I use it and I think it is a great product. However, if you are someone who recoils at the price of Kamui chalk, you'll feel the same way about the X-1. It is a piece of material (what? I don't know) mounted on a clever device that makes it appear as more than it is. But, the bottom line is that it works.

bob c