Europe Mosconi Cup Team Finalised

coco9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Daz and Karl complete line up!

Well done to both.

Think Thorsten can count himself unlucky again. I think it will be a close run cup this year!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Daz and Karl complete line up!

Well done to both.

Think Thorsten can count himself unlucky again. I think it will be a close run cup this year!

Two worthy contenders, yet I have mixed feelings based on behavior exhibited at last year's cup. Americans are condemned for their behind-the-scenes and on-table behavior, but nothing, not one little peep, is mentioned about the blue-blooded Euros at last year's Cup. :mad:

With that said, I do respect Mosconi Cup generosity to continuing this tradition. In this regard, I will have to say the Sinerenity Prayer, I guess. :angel2:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Really surprised Karl makes it over Thorsten. I guess playing to the UK fans and Blackpool specifically since Karl is from there.

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...yet I have mixed feelings based on behavior exhibited at last year's cup. Americans are condemned for their behind-the-scenes and on-table behavior, but nothing, not one little peep, is mentioned about the blue-blooded Euros at last year's Cup. :mad:

With that said, I do respect Mosconi Cup generosity to continuing this tradition. In this regard, I will have to say the Sinerenity Prayer, I guess. :angel2:

Well - the Europeans had blue-blooded-behaviour and the USA had Earl. :grin:

If the Euros go without Thorsten Hohman, they leave out an opportunity.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thorsten got screwed as he had a great year last year after the team
was already chosen and they should have made that up to him this year.

I'd say with Boyes instead of Thorsten it gives the U.S. an even better
chance to win.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

More like crotch-grabbing Boxing Brits.

I agree about Thorsten, though. He has not completed in many, if any, Euro events, which is probably why he has been eliminated from the selection criteria. Things aren't so bad for Mr. Hohmann, though, after pocketing $25,000 in California earlier this month at the Challenge of Champions. ;)

Life is good for the German living in America. Hey, maybe Team USA could use a pinch shooter with Thorsten. :grin-square:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe Boyes won't be so fast to open his pie hole as last year, when he opened it the
wrong way to the wrong person got his shirt ripped off, and his team ran to his aid. :grin:

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Europe must be pretty condient to waste 1 of their wildcard on Boyes.
Bad choice in Boyes- Thorsten should be in . Injustice that they leave him out again after last year. If not Thorsten better other choices Mika or even Ralf
This may be USA best chance to win :)

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
time to Thorsten to man up!

I think it's about time Toasty gets naturalized, join the American side, and get the full credit and respect that's due to him. How much fun would it be to see SVB, Thorsten, Dechaine playing for the Stars & Stripes next year!

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to remember who the others were:
Mark Gray
Niels Feijen
Nick Ekonomopoulos
Darren Appleton
Karl Boyes

Great group. Three Brits. The only one I don't really know is Mark Gray.

And is this the first time with no Ralph Souquet?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's about time Toasty gets naturalized, join the American side, and get the full credit and respect that's due to him. How much fun would it be to see SVB, Thorsten, Dechaine playing for the Stars & Stripes next year!

Put Darren on our side too, representing Pennsylvania. :grin:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, those Euros might think the Americans are a bunch of bumbling pumpkins, but you can be sure it will be a bloody battle to the finish, with USA coming out on top. :cool:

Attachments

• 10702104_10152472451243723_849622892675025562_n.jpg
    10702104_10152472451243723_849622892675025562_n.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 698

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
It's crazy thorsten isn't in the lineup... I hope Karl loses every match he plays, that guy really grinds my gears

1,2 barbecue

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Maybe Karl and Darren will remember when they came over here as 'amateurs' to play in the BCAPL events and Justin B and his team sent them home in second place.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member

Mika and thorsten are basically American now a days, they should just play for American team

1,2 barbecue

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's time to stop criticizing the choices and stand behind our men. With the power of all of us in unison, we can win ---> HERE

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good choice, they could not leave out Darren A. and adding Karl B., his winning WcoP teammate playing home is an excellent choice. Mark G. earned the spot through a good point system, as well as Niels F. and our own Nick E.
I like the US team too, coming this year with a different approach, we just have to wait and see how it goes, I'm sure it's going to be a great Mosconi cup!!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If Mika is left out again, they just have to naturalise Mika and it is game on :grin:

I had to remember who the others were:
Mark Gray
Niels Feijen
Nick Ekonomopoulos
Darren Appleton
Karl Boyes

Great group. Three Brits. The only one I don't really know is Mark Gray.

And is this the first time with no Ralph Souquet?

Mark Gray is old vet player perhaps oldest in the team 40+
Was ex-snooker player (not an elite in snooker) who migrated to pool. Played in MC few years ago. IMHO if team was handpicked would not pick him but he qualified for the 3 qualifying spots so he deserved it :grin: