The HolyGrail of cues?

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
There are a lot of collectors (I mean serious major collectors) posting or watching this forum. I am sure they each have their own Holy Grail they are looking for. It would be real interesting to see what the Glenn, Martino, Prout, etc collection is still looking for.

Mine would be the custom cue Gus Szamboti built for me ---- it has a heart inlay if any of you out there (in CA, maybe) see it:)

Last edited:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
A mint condition fancy Frank Coster........
Although I found a Balabushka at a pawn shop in Rock Springs ,Wyoming about two years ago that was LOADED with silver. It's still the fanciest Bushka I've ever seen, and it came with all kinds of certification and the original case and shipping tube.
$6800 and somebody else put down some money on it while they were going to the bank.
I thought I'd found the Holy Grail with that one.....

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Cuephoric said:
Although I found a Balabushka at a pawn shop in Rock Springs ,Wyoming about two years ago that was LOADED with silver. It's still the fanciest Bushka I've ever seen, and it came with all kinds of certification and the original case and shipping tube.
$6800 and somebody else put down some money on it while they were going to the bank.

Man, you live in Rock Springs??? I worked there as an electrician and lived in a man camp in 1975 ----- was not a good place to play pool at the time (didn't stop me). The locals must have hid out until all the construction stopped --- it was a wild town.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I believe ibuycues was looking for an unplayed Hoppe cue. Not sure if that would be a holy grail or not but I wager that one of those is about as rare as hens teeth.

I think something like an unopened box big enough to hold a cue from a guy named Balabushka or Szamboti and the shipping docs that go with it would be pretty cool to stumble upon.

Just think of it. A guy orders a cue back in the 70's-80's and the day before he receives it something happens...divorce/hit by bus/runs away from home....and his wife just sticks it in the closet or garage (a nice dry climate controled garage or closet) only to have a son or daughter find it when they are cleaning out the house after she moves to Florida. Naturally they just throw it on the pile of stuff in the garage sale....boom...cue nirvana is achieved!!!

Yeah...I used to do a lot of daydreaming about cues in the factory. :D

RoyL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy Grail? How about a shaft made from part of the staff Moses used to part the Red Sea:)

Seriously, how about an eight point Gus with veneers?

1-pocket-player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
David Paul Kersenbrock Titlist conversion...

From what I've heard there are only two or three in existence..

-Andy

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Yep,

I`m still looking for the unplayed Willie Hoppe. I know it is out there, so don`t just keep me in mind, CONTACT ME!

Holy Grail Searcher,

Will Prout

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1-pocket-player said:
David Paul Kersenbrock Titlist conversion...

From what I've heard there are only two or three in existence..

-Andy

I happen to have one.. Here is a quick picture for you..
Best,
Ken
Highendcues
f196fc42.jpg
[/IMG]
ce958f5f.jpg
[/IMG]
e487d2fe.jpg
[/IMG]

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one Jim Lee is building right now. Others might not like it, but its my dream cue with my dream colors. I think thats ones "Holy Grail".

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:
I believe ibuycues was looking for an unplayed Hoppe cue. Not sure if that would be a holy grail or not but I wager that one of those is about as rare as hens teeth.

I think something like an unopened box big enough to hold a cue from a guy named Balabushka or Szamboti and the shipping docs that go with it would be pretty cool to stumble upon.

Just think of it. A guy orders a cue back in the 70's-80's and the day before he receives it something happens...divorce/hit by bus/runs away from home....and his wife just sticks it in the closet or garage (a nice dry climate controled garage or closet) only to have a son or daughter find it when they are cleaning out the house after she moves to Florida. Naturally they just throw it on the pile of stuff in the garage sale....boom...cue nirvana is achieved!!!

I hear ya J! I'm not that far from where Gus built cues, so I'm ALWAYS keepin an eye out at sales. It could happen any day now :D and to think all the chances I had to buy a Gus:rolleyes: ....what $800?...your nuts!.....what $1200, no way......$5000....hmmm lemme think about it:D

My perfect cues is down in Philly last I heard. It's a relatively plain 4 point rosewood Black Boar I sold to a guy that was friends with the Fuscos. If you know where it is let me know......:eek:

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow sounds like a lot of people let go of a cue for one reason or another, and it turns into they're personal goal (AKA HolyGrail quest) to retrieve it! I wish all of you the best of luck finding them again! i'll be sure to hang on to the ones that cannot be replaced!

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuephoric said:

Have you ever posted a picture of your Coster? I'd like to see it.