I. D. Old SCHMELKE and value?

Eagle Eye

Registered
A customer gave me this cue to refinish. Can't find any information
Thanks
Bob Elston
Sun City AZ

I took the finish off and the bottom ring was yellow & turned into a white pearl
4459ffaffdd8b0d7c3ecef4d33b9066e.jpg
da85b633df05908164e9d1f01050b784.jpg
5e42663e10fea8d089e9e0cd415455f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cue is along the lines of the D50 in the 1970 catalog, or at least a similar level. I would put it in the early seventies.

Example of a D50: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=422007

A D50 sold for $140 in 1970, which is around $900 now. Such cues were not cheap, yet many look at them now like they were. Not many were made I think (relatively)...and certainly we rarely see such cues.

What are such cues worth now?

I hate the value issue, so I try to stay away from it I will say that I offered more than most would on that D50 when it was posted in the for sale forum...and I got turned down. I wanted that D50 bad but apparently not bad enough.

If I find that exact cue I'll post it...and in the mean time somebody else might know. :smile:

Very cool cue! :smile:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The value on old Shmelke cues that are outside of the norm would be very hard to value as there has not really been a collectors market established for them yet. You can put it up for ssle and see we what it will bring. Once that happens multiple times on similar cues we will see the true value.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The value on old Shmelke cues that are outside of the norm would be very hard to value as there has not really been a collectors market established for them yet. You can put it up for ssle and see we what it will bring. Once that happens multiple times on similar cues we will see the true value.

I have to agree with that. It's really hard to peg them, but not worth a lot...yet.

I saw one from the sixties that was a Titlist conversion, not Schmelke Titlist points, but an actual Brunswick conversion by Schmelke. Definitely a rare bird. But that cue had inherent value to collectors because it was an actual Titlist.

I do think interest will grow in these. I know I am interested. :smile:

Eagle Eye

Registered
The person that owns this cue has had it for 40 years and it belonged to his father before.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk