Hedge Apple wood

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I saw a cue a few years ago that was made of hedge apple wood and it looked really unique. Has anyone ever used this wood much.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a cue a few years ago that was made of hedge apple wood and it looked really unique. Has anyone ever used this wood much.

Hedge Apple is another name for Osage Orange. There have been cues made of it but, in my opinion, it is a rather bland wood lacking much figure or character.

Damn Paul! You copied exactly what I said, just, before I said it!!! I need to learn to be quicker with the "send" button in the future.

Dick

Last edited:

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Here is a breaker I made for a fellow member here some time ago. Hedge and Purpleheart. Super solid hitting wood IMO. If you like yellow!

101_0115Small.jpg

101_0114Small.jpg

101_0117Small.jpg

101_0116Small.jpg

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

Here is a Billy Webb cue that I have for sale that Billy used Osage Orange in. The photo's don't do the cue Justice at all, and this is not the first cue I have had for sale that Billy Made using this wood.

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Personally I like this wood, I hope you enjoy the photo's.

Edited!!! I took a photo of the wrong cue this cue is Ebony Points into a Pernambuco forearm.:eek:

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Here is a breaker I made for a fellow member here some time ago. Hedge and Purpleheart. Super solid hitting wood IMO. If you like yellow!

101_0115Small.jpg

This is a sweet looking cue. The one I saw was a Madison Bob that a guy brought into town and the wood was not quit as yellow and it had dark spots in it.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
South West used to offer it too, not sure if they still do. nasty stuff to work with from the loggers point of view. That's why no one bothers to cut it down much.
We called them "Monkey balls"