Anyone have a table in or near Moscow, ID?

aaron.conway

Registered
Hey, I'm attending the university of idaho and wondering if anyone has a decent table in the moscow/pullman area. Will pay for practice time. The main pool hall is alright but not ideal.

aaron.conway

Registered
I'm looking for a decent table to practice on. 9ft, goldcrown, diamond, ect.. To put some work in and hone skills. I'm not looking for people to play with. I doubt WSU's table is any better then the table at the U of I. Mingles has plenty of tables close by but they don't take care of them and the pockets are gigantic.

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arron

I have no answer for you regarding tables. I had just driven through there 2 weeks ago and the thread caught my eye. As I have considered moving to ID and am also from the LA area I would be curious to know how well you did after the first winter. Anyway good luck and study hard at U of I.

Steve

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm looking for a decent table to practice on. 9ft, goldcrown, diamond, ect.. To put some work in and hone skills. I'm not looking for people to play with. I doubt WSU's table is any better then the table at the U of I. Mingles has plenty of tables close by but they don't take care of them and the pockets are gigantic.

Mingles tables are horrible at best, and they're the only place around with 9fts. Spokane is no better with the 9fts at Black Diamond billiards either so you're about shit out of luck, although the college there in WA has i believe 1 or 2 Diamond 7fts, thats it for that area, as I've been all through there. No one cares about their pool tables because they're going to draw the college crowd anyway, it's all about the partying and not about playing pool.

aaron.conway

Registered
Well hopefully I can change that. I'm going to try to get the college to start a team/club. Maybe combine WSU's forces to help. What's funny is the U of I has tables and the space they just don't have anything that's even remotely nice.

Maybe I can get mingles to donate one of their tables and have it fixed up.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well hopefully I can change that. I'm going to try to get the college to start a team/club. Maybe combine WSU's forces to help. What's funny is the U of I has tables and the space they just don't have anything that's even remotely nice.

Maybe I can get mingles to donate one of their tables and have it fixed up.

Not a chance....LOL and i already offered to fix their tables, offered to sell them Diamonds too, even offered to give them a trade in....but finally gave up trying, like beating my head against a brick wall.

aaron.conway

Registered
Did you try asking nicely? lol. Maybe coming from a college kid, the support of the university and being (probably) the best player in the state will help(that's not saying much haha! ). Idk. We'll see.

afittsch

Registered
Did you try asking nicely? lol. Maybe coming from a college kid, the support of the university and being (probably) the best player in the state will help(that's not saying much haha! ). Idk. We'll see.

I guess they are getting the red carpet ready for you! There will be a huge crowd that will want to watch you play. So happy for Moscow that you are going to take care of business.

Are you having one or two soft drinks per night?

Btw. the tables are not great but still in better shape than other BAR tables i played on. In a dedicated pool room i would expect more, but Mingles is a BAR.

aaron.conway

Registered
Ah the sarcasm is strong in this one. I prefer only one sprite. Two and the sugar gets to me :p
You can get played anytime. I probably suck. Who knows.

All I'm trying to do is help the sport. That requires having some decent tables. Although mingles is a bar, it's the only bar with a decent amount of 9ft tables for over 100 miles in any direction. I think it's almost their responsibility to the sport to do it justice with decent equipment. Or why even have the tables at all?

I get it though. Economics. Why make an investment that will almost certainly be misused or not made back. So it's tough but I gotta try ya know?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ah the sarcasm is strong in this one. I prefer only one sprite. Two and the sugar gets to me :p
You can get played anytime. I probably suck. Who knows.

All I'm trying to do is help the sport. That requires having some decent tables. Although mingles is a bar, it's the only bar with a decent amount of 9ft tables for over 100 miles in any direction. I think it's almost their responsibility to the sport to do it justice with decent equipment. Or why even have the tables at all?

I get it though. Economics. Why make an investment that will almost certainly be misused or not made back. So it's tough but I gotta try ya know?

Sorry to say the trend is not in your favor. The University of Oregon had 6 or 8 Brunswick 9' Centennials and sold them for about $1,500 each some years ago. Guess the auction stated the buyer had to take them all or none. they are set up 60 miles away in Salem at the Cueball. U of O didn't replace them, just wanted the space for something else.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holler at the frats, or forget about pool and put everything you've got into academics and networking (intelligent socializing). The payoff will be "life-altering."

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Sorry to say the trend is not in your favor. The University of Oregon had 6 or 8 Brunswick 9' Centennials and sold them for about $1,500 each some years ago. Guess the auction stated the buyer had to take them all or none. they are set up 60 miles away in Salem at the Cueball. U of O didn't replace them, just wanted the space for something else.
Same thing happened with Bruin Bowl at UCLA.
10 Pin Bowling in America is all but gone.
Pool may be next.