Apr. 10-14, 2017 US Open Straight Pool Championship

CSI Media

CueSports International
Silver Member
Enter now! The US Open Straight Pool Championship is right around the corner.
$10,000 added Guaranteed!!! Limited to 40 players!
2017 US Open Straight Pool Graphic1.jpg
For information or to enter, go to http://www.playcsipool.com/2017-us-open-straight-pool.html.
There are also several qualifiers scheduled! Here's a list:

March 19
Sandcastle Billiards
101 Townsley St.
Rte. 1 South
Edison, NJ 08837
1-732-632-9277

March 25
Pool Table Magic
75 Ella Grasso Turnpike
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
1-860-627-8494
Entry Fee: $105

March 26
Easy Street Billiards
511 Tyler St.
Monterey, CA 93940
1-831-333-0825

Last edited:

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to this last year. Stayed for three days. Saw some good pool. I hope there is a bigger turn out this year. Both players and fans to support the tournament. Nice venue. Nice hosts. I expect to be there the last three days.
The site only shows two players signed up. Has this not been updated or are people waiting for the last minute.
I hope there are some good players at the qualifier at the Sandcastle next sunday. I will be there to watch.

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went last year. It was a wonderful event with a curiously small field. Orcullo beat Van Boening in the final. I'll be able to watch the first three days. Can't wait. Mark Kulungian is a great host.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I could make the Sandcastle event but I will be at my league's team event this weekend. Good luck to all and I will definitely be watching when the event comes up. Or maybe i'll drive up there for a day or two.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still listing only two people. This is going to be a short tournament. They will only play the finals.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Still listing only two people. This is going to be a short tournament. They will only play the finals.

Thorsten said he was playing.

Mika registered at the last minute last year.

Shane, Dennis, and Warren signed up last year.

You'll probably get Jewett out of Barouty's qualifier, Barouty.

There will be some good matches.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be nice to see a list of confirmed players soon. Hard to make a decision and travel plans to go watch the event when so much is still in the dark.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It would be nice to see a list of confirmed players soon. Hard to make a decision and travel plans to go watch the event when so much is still in the dark.
It's a little longer now. I qualified in Monterey.

Does anyone know the time/date of the players' meeting and the first match?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's a little longer now. I qualified in Monterey.

Does anyone know the time/date of the players' meeting and the first match?

Good going, Bob. The other two qualifiers (CT and NJ) are also over; anyone know how those turned out?

The CSI list now shows 6 players (Bob hasn't been added to the list yet).

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NJ Jonathan Smith won. Only two people played. Very sad. I was hoping to see some good straight pool.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The entrants list has 10 players now, including Bob. But Jonathan Smith is still not on it. If the NJ qualifier had only 2 entrants, I wonder how Smith's $550 entry fee for the tournament would be paid.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sandman coughs up the entry fee for having the qualifier. I think he should have a qualifier only if he gets enough people to cover the entry fee.
He consistently get only a few entrants to the qualifiers yet he pays the fee. $850 for Appleton's tournament next week. Only three entrants. Another big hit.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sandman coughs up the entry fee for having the qualifier. I think he should have a qualifier only if he gets enough people to cover the entry fee.
He consistently get only a few entrants to the qualifiers yet he pays the fee. $850 for Appleton's tournament next week. Only three entrants. Another big hit.

Kudos to Ed Liddawi for providing support like that.