Can anyone enlighten me about Diamond's retail business model and pricing?

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No prices seem to appear anywhere on their website, nor do I see a dealer locator. And their phone is going straight to voicemail for the last few days. I guess I was under the impression somehow that you bought the table direct from the factory and they shipped it to your installer, but the website doesn't mention that either.

So, where does one find retail pricing information and how to buy? There don't seem to be any dealers that come up in my area with a Google search.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
No prices seem to appear anywhere on their website, nor do I see a dealer locator. And their phone is going straight to voicemail for the last few days. I guess I was under the impression somehow that you bought the table direct from the factory and they shipped it to your installer, but the website doesn't mention that either.

So, where does one find retail pricing information and how to buy? There don't seem to be any dealers that come up in my area with a Google search.

Contact Glen.
He's the most connected to Diamond.

realkingcobra) Glen Hancock (Based in Washington) 702-927-5689

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you leave a vmail?

How long has the wait for a reply been?

I did not. As a general rule I don't leave VMs for large, established businesses. My batting average getting a callback is pretty low. Mom and Pops are of course a different story.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I advised Diamond to drop all pricing on their website years ago because there's no reason to call Diamond if you can already see the pricing in advance, therefore no need for sales personnel, only order takers. Depending on where you're calling from, you may have been calling when they're closed, and not leaving a msg means they have no idea you called. I just talked to Aaron in sales 5 minutes ago, i have no problem getting through to them. Call 812-288-7665 either Debbie or Julie will answer the phone, tell her to put you through to sales, and she'll transfer you to that department to either Aaron or Brian.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can also purchase a table through Heath Manning of manningcues.com if you appreciate customer service.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can also purchase a table through Heath Manning of manningcues.com if you appreciate customer service.[/QUOTE

He's got pricing on his webpage also, I never had a problem finding a local rep, called diamond directly to varify that my rep was legit and I also talked with Aaron, my rep did everything for me! On a side note I already have made my purchase when I found out about manning cues, And surprised I got a call from manning himself late one evening to to go over my diamond concerns and questions!!! He didn't even have a sell or money to gain and spent 30minutes on the phone insuring my experience with diamond was a good one! I couldn't imagine the service I would of received if the purchase was from manning cues!!!!! This man and his staff really cares! I highly recommend manning cues!

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"not leaving a msg means they have no idea you called."

Caller ID - what a concept

Dale

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
:)

Not necessarily, the spread between wholsale and retail is pretty close, what really impacts a sale is delivery & setup.

Diamond & Manning Cues will always be able to offer cheaper delivery due to the fact that they build up enough jobs to send out a truck with a bunch of tables on it. They offer the savings to the customer this way. They might wait longer, but, it does save money.

I only charge retail prices when I already have the table. If I order it for a client I charge what the factory does.

I lose quite a few sales to the fact that I am delivering one table to one client at a time.

Trent from Toledo

17264454_10212453963007071_1098518715464237073_n.jpg

Make Diamond tables cheap, then sell them for a very high profit margin.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not necessarily, the spread between wholsale and retail is pretty close, what really impacts a sale is delivery & setup.

The price I was quoted from Diamond was pretty far off of what I ended up paying elsewhere. Here's how it went down:

-Called Diamond and left a message telling them I wanted a 9' ProAm.
-Received a phone call the same day directing me to their "authorized dealer" closest to my home.
-Called the guy and left him a message telling him I wanted a 9' Diamond.

***I'm not super savvy about tables, but in all of my searches for used Diamond tables I kept seeing the terms "red label" and "blue label" pop up. I thought I knew the difference, but decided to ask the dealer to be sure.

-Dude calls me up and asks what kind of Diamond table I want. I asked him to please explain the difference between red and blue labels. He had no idea what I was talking about, told me "a Diamond is a Diamond". Gave me a quote on a new 9' Diamond ProAm. Told him I'd let him know.

-Shopped around and got the same table, along with ball cleaner, upgrade on balls, cue rack, other misc. items, with tax, delivery and install for the same price dude quoted me for just the table.

I'm thinking that whoever the "authorized dealer" was that I was forwarded to is dumb.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The price I was quoted from Diamond was pretty far off of what I ended up paying elsewhere. Here's how it went down:

-Received a phone call the same day directing me to their "authorized dealer" closest to my home.

***I'm not super savvy about tables, but in all of my searches for used Diamond tables I kept seeing the terms "red label" and "blue label" pop up. I thought I knew the difference, but decided to ask the dealer to be sure.

-Dude calls me up and asks what kind of Diamond table I want. I asked him to please explain the difference between red and blue labels. He had no idea what I was talking about, told me "a Diamond is a Diamond". Gave me a quote on a new 9' Diamond ProAm. Told him I'd let him know.

-Shopped around and got the same table, along with ball cleaner, upgrade on balls, cue rack, other misc. items, with tax, delivery and install for the same price dude quoted me for just the table.

I'm thinking that whoever the "authorized dealer" was that I was forwarded to is dumb.

You'd think that it would be best for all involved to make the process as simple and unconfusing as possible.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You'd think that it would be best for all involved to make the process as simple and unconfusing as possible.

I agree. I guess when everyone wants what you have, you're allowed to be as unorganized as possible and still sell out.:thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

They just do sales, that's all.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
"not leaving a msg means they have no idea you called."

Caller ID - what a concept

Dale

I'd be willing to bet that if you were to work at Diamond, and your nob was calling back every phone number on their caller ID to find out why they didn't leave a message....you wouldn't last the morning before you quit. Do you really think any business checks their caller ID from missed calls....or chooses to call back the voice mails instead?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Make Diamond tables cheap, then sell them for a very high profit margin.

Diamond is waiting for you to fill out your job application with your expertise in manufacturing and the cost of production, better hurry though, someone smarter than you might get the job before you do.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. I guess when everyone wants what you have, you're allowed to be as unorganized as possible and still sell out.:thumbup:

I have to tell you, that's exactly what it seems like to me. By near-universal acclaim they do have the best product though, so there you are.

I'm reminded of being in the Honda automobile business in the '80s.