What's your favorite place to shoot pool?

nevadarain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone. I am curious to know what is your #1 favorite place to shoot pool? It can be somewhere local, or somewhere you visited while on vacation. And please give the location and reason why it's your favorite.

I'm from Chicago. I like playing at a place called G-Cue in the west loop. They have about 12 9 ft tables which are kept in immaculate condition. The staff is great, they have a bar, and serve food. They have a little bit of a social scene, so it doesn't feel like "just a pool hall". They have a few nice leather sofas, and TVs which is great for game days.

When I'm in denver I enjoy a place called Zanzibar. They have about 10 9ft tables.. This place gets really busy on the weekend. Lot of action. It does feel More like a bar than an actually pool hall, which again I enjoy because I like socializing. I always like that pool is free on the weekdays which is fantastic, unlike G-Cue (above) which is like $20/hour.

Also in downtown Golden, there's a really nice dive bar I go to. They just have 1 Barbox. It is what it is, and you get a lot of regulars there.. This place isnt for the serious pool player, but I enjoy going there for the dive bar experience, cheap beer, karaoke, and of course beat up on drunk ppl at pool lol

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Classic Billiards, Phoenixville Pa........and The Spot, Feasterville, Pa.

But they will make fun of Revo shafts. My feelings are hurt.

Last edited:

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
On my home table in my basement, 9' Diamond Professional table.

Outside my home: Chelsea Billiards 54 W21st St in NYC (now Slate), Fast Eddie's in New Milford, CT. Best designed Pool Room I've ever been in.

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steinway Billiards - Queens, NY

Gotham City Billiards - Brooklyn, NY

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At home

I like shooting on my home table. A good safe environment and I can smoke a cigar if I want. I have a 9' table in my big garage. Life is good!

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Classic Billiards, Phoenixville Pa........and The Spot, Feasterville, Pa.

But they will make fun of Revo shafts. My feelings are hurt.

Me too. Get rid of the Revo and go back to maple. Problem solved.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may need to divide that a bit, for overall hanging out and playing, The Billiards Cafe in Ayer. While not the best playing tables, the owner is great, the room has an excellent atmosphere and the equipment is in good shape.

For just a players room, I wold have to say Snookers in RI, if I want to see or play with the top area players, that is the place I would head to in my area.

A close second for just going to play and hang out in would be Crow's Nest in NH, has 8' Diamonds in great shape, pool is basically free ($10 for all night even on weekends) and has good food.

I also head to a room closer to me called The Green Room, tables are not the best, players are not the best, but food is good, and I am a regular there so feel at home. I also semi-adopted a few of the players there as far as teaching them things so go there as much to keep pool players interested in playing as for me.

rellek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorite place to shoot is at my Dad's place. We converted a three stall storage garage into a beach bar with an old 50's Brunswick Sportsman table that we restored, and a full bar. I swear if the place had a bathroom in it I would never step outside. It's paradise in Iowa.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
My new house. I have a restored 9' Anniversary with Mark Gregory walnut rails. Now awaiting Glen (RKC) for his full deal. The best thing about playing on my table is the light. I made a frame that holds two 2' X 4' LED panels and hung it about 4 feet over the table. That is the first thing I miss when I play elsewhere. Guess old farts need light! When I do venture out, I like Kolby's in Keizer, Oregon and Jake's in Salem, Oregon. Both open their table for free play on weekdays. Then we have The Cue Ball in downtown Salem that has 24 9' Anniversaries and Centennials. Sometimes I'll take on the resident pro at Kolby's on the super tight Diamond 9' table. They have one of those and 6-7 7' Diamonds. All free play (not the 9') if you'll buy something to eat or drink.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
My new house. I have a restored 9' Anniversary with Mark Gregory walnut rails. Now awaiting Glen (RKC) for his full deal. The best thing about playing on my table is the light. I made a frame that holds two 2' X 4' LED panels and hung it about 4 feet over the table. That is the first thing I miss when I play elsewhere. Guess old farts need light! When I do venture out, I like Kolby's in Keizer, Oregon and Jake's in Salem, Oregon. Both open their table for free play on weekdays. Then we have The Cue Ball in downtown Salem that has 24 9' Anniversaries and Centennials. Sometimes I'll take on the resident pro at Kolby's on the super tight Diamond 9' table. They have one of those and 6-7 7' Diamonds. All free play (not the 9') if you'll buy something to eat or drink.

I figured you were going to respond saying Robin Dreyers bedroom

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I figured you were going to respond saying Robin Dreyers bedroom

Dang! Thanks for reminding me. Actually Robin has a 7' table in his bedroom so I never venture up there. I take lessons on his 9' table. And... you are correct, his place is one of my favorites. Fun to be with a true master of the game. You'll never know though until you take a session from him and until you do, you just have to assume you know. Can you admit that?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone. I am curious to know what is your #1 favorite place to shoot pool? It can be somewhere local, or somewhere you visited while on vacation. And please give the location and reason why it's your favorite.

I'm from Chicago. I like playing at a place called G-Cue in the west loop. They have about 12 9 ft tables which are kept in immaculate condition. The staff is great, they have a bar, and serve food. They have a little bit of a social scene, so it doesn't feel like "just a pool hall". They have a few nice leather sofas, and TVs which is great for game days.

When I'm in denver I enjoy a place called Zanzibar. They have about 10 9ft tables.. This place gets really busy on the weekend. Lot of action. It does feel More like a bar than an actually pool hall, which again I enjoy because I like socializing. I always like that pool is free on the weekdays which is fantastic, unlike G-Cue (above) which is like $20/hour.

Also in downtown Golden, there's a really nice dive bar I go to. They just have 1 Barbox. It is what it is, and you get a lot of regulars there.. This place isnt for the serious pool player, but I enjoy going there for the dive bar experience, cheap beer, karaoke, and of course beat up on drunk ppl at pool lol

Is G-Cue still owned/run by Karabatsos?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
When in Vegas, The Las Vegas Cue Club. Excellent equipment. Where the players play. Wish they had food.

In Rochester, East Ridge Billiards. Well maintained equipment. Nice mix of Diamonds, really tough GC V's, really easy GC V's and nine Valley BB's with Simonis 860HR. Food is pretty good as well. Nicest counter guy I know of. OK, it's me from time to time :grin: .

Lyn

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
When in Vegas, The Las Vegas Cue Club. Excellent equipment. Where the players play. Wish they had food.

In Rochester, East Ridge Billiards. Well maintained equipment. Nice mix of Diamonds, really tough GC V's, really easy GC V's and nine Valley BB's with Simonis 860HR. Food is pretty good as well. Nicest counter guy I know of. OK, it's me from time to time :grin: .

Lyn

Is the Cue Club still at Sahara and Maryland Pkyway? I played there briefly when my son (15 at the time) got interested in pool. I always heard that 3 world champions would come out late in the evening to play one pocket but never saw it. We ordered our custom SW cues from Jerry Franklin at that time too.