Retractable Bridge: Useful or Gimmick?

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Hi gang.

I was looking to get a better bridge for my table and I saw several different "Retractable Bridges"

Seems like a pretty cool concept.

What say you?

Best brand & source for it (?):

T H A N X ! -Z-

512ov64eeDL._SL1214_.jpg

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
A teammate of mine has one for our league night. It is very nice with a metal bridge head. Think he paid like 60 bucks for it.

I plan to get one while I am at the Super Billiards Expo this year.

Kevin

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered one for my now ex girlfriend a could years ago. The cue fits easily in the jump cue pocket of her case and the head fits in the top pocket with no problem. Really comes in handy instead of having to look all over the place for a bridge.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I don’t like putting my cue on anything metal.
I’ve used Brianna slip-on rest heads for years...use it on any cue.
...Moosehead is fine also, but the look bugs me.

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't see the point of having one only for a home table.
But yes, when you are travelling, I think they are a good idea.

If you travel around and play in snooker comps, all the bridges supplied are basically the same and so as a player you are familiar with them.
Travelling around to play in 9ball / 10ball comps, there are so many different bridge heads it's unreal.
So carrying your own means you can use something you are familiar with.

The one I have, and my favourite, is the one alot of wheelchair players use that was derived from a golf ball retriever.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I liked Brianna, but haven't seen those in a while. Mooseheads are dirt cheap when I bought them by the dozen. It was affordable for me to lose or leave them behind.

@spktur,
When I played 14.1 league, every table had two of these. I noticed many players, even the higher level ones didn't bother trying the interlock feature.

I don’t like putting my cue on anything metal.
I’ve used Brianna slip-on rest heads for years...use it on any cue.
...Moosehead is fine also, but the look bugs me.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use a leather bridge like Kamui or some other brand.
Just leave it on a house cue at home & take it with you
if you go somewhere. It will protect your cues from damage.

Personally, the best bridge made was Justabridge......it is so
darn versatile and the bridge lining also protects your shafts .

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My now 8 year old son uses this exact one..... there was another competitor with choices for different colored handles and a plastic bridge head which worked nice but that one last just one month before coming apart. One of the extensions came apart like humpty dumpty and we couldn't figure out how to put it back together again.

This one pictured above is much stronger. Sometimes he places his hand mid way on the bridge to hold it down securely and you can tell its twice as strong as its much stronger to not flex as bad. The metal portions, I put painters tape on all parts that would touch the cue and he loves it.

Its nice for him to set it at different lengths depending on the shot and such. I have a 4x6 case and it fits in there nicely without having to take it apart. Fits right into one empty butt slot.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you guys seen this BCA approved roller bridge?? So bizarre!

Attachments

• FC7B7F07-A428-44C8-B45A-453C799DC5CE.jpg
    FC7B7F07-A428-44C8-B45A-453C799DC5CE.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 122