best tables?

blakerandy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were you I would get on Craigs List and find a table in your price range. Check it out and then post here for opinions.

There are some really good deals out there.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Diamond for bar boxes. Diamond Pro or Pro-Am and Brunswick Gold Crowns if you're looking for a big track.

Noles20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were you I would get on Craigs List and find a table in your price range. Check it out and then post here for opinions.

There are some really good deals out there.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/spo/3258389890.html

I am waiting to hear from the seller what model this table is. It seems like a good deal for everything that is included. What are the general thoughts on Fischer tables? Are they well built?

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love diamond bar boxes, but the rails are just stupid. way too "springy". If they didnt have that problem, I dont think they could be improved on.

GoBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they did MAKE bar boxs

Yes they do. Or did? The Brunswick 3000 was a Bar box with giant pockets and a battery driven system for the cue ball. The system was terrible and the parts were expensive to fix. They needed fixing regularly. Most of them that are still around have a big ball on them because they got tired of spending the money on repairs. They were the first to design a moving track for the cue ball. Diamond improved on it of course.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes they do. Or did? The Brunswick 3000 was a Bar box with giant pockets and a battery driven system for the cue ball. The system was terrible and the parts were expensive to fix. They needed fixing regularly. Most of them that are still around have a big ball on them because they got tired of spending the money on repairs. They were the first to design a moving track for the cue ball. Diamond improved on it of course.

You're talking about the Gold Crown 2000 coin-op, back in the early 1990's which separated the cue ball with the blue dot color recognition sensor, which failed within 6 months, then was forced to go back to the over-sized cue ball in order to return it. Nothing in this design table is like a Diamond coin-op.