OB lift and rift shafts

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an OB jump cue and wonder what is the difference between this shaft and the new break shaft (rift controll)? Is it only the tip?

Thanks in advance,
Jon Birger

RBC

Deceased
Jobba

Sorry I didn't see this earlier! I haven't been on the forums as much lately as I usually am.

The shaft on our OB Lift and OB Lift Pro is a completely different animal than the shafts available with the Rift break cues.

The Break shafts, called the Control and the Speed, are built on our SR6+ construction, just like our playing shafts. They are built for their specific strategy in that the Control is a little lower in cue ball squirt, features a shorter quicker taper and the Samsara Break tip at 13mm. the Speed is a little thicker at 13.25mm with a phenolic tip and the taper is lengthened a little to allow for the follow through on really hard break shots.

The jump cue shaft is not spliced at all, it's one piece of solid maple. It does feature our patented laminated ferrule and our exclusive OB Jump Tip.

I hope that helps!

Royce

Barnabus McDoug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Royce, I've asked a couple times already but can't seem to get an answer. Is the Speed shaft solid wood and the Control shaft cored with rubber like the original shafts?

RBC

Deceased
Royce, I've asked a couple times already but can't seem to get an answer. Is the Speed shaft solid wood and the Control shaft cored with rubber like the original shafts?

Barnaby's

Actually its neither. Well sort of.

The Speed break shaft is built just like the classic and the pro. It starts with the SR6+ blank which is solid maple segments spliced together. The splice is solid through its center.

The Control break shaft is built just like the OB-1 and the OB-2. It starts with the SR6+ blank just like the Speed break shaft, but it does have the center drilled out to accommodate our rubber core.

Sorry I've missed your previous questions. Sometimes its tough to keep up with all the different threads. Please don't hesitate to call us if you have questions we miss.

Royce

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a lot for the answers!

I have the first generation break shaft and the new ob1+, so it gives my a clue, but looking forward to try hopefully both control and speed:)

Thanks again,
Jon Birger

ceodynamo

Have cue will travel
Silver Member
OB XL Classic Plus

I was probably going to order this shaft (OB XL Classic Plus) and put it on a cue my friend made and use it for a break cue.

Does anyone think this would be a good idea?

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would install a harder tip on it, or before buying contact ob so you get the right tip straight away.

-Jon Birger

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was probably going to order this shaft (OB XL Classic Plus) and put it on a cue my friend made and use it for a break cue.

Does anyone think this would be a good idea?

From what I've read it sounds like the OB Classic XL plus is basically identical to the OB speed break shaft except that the tip is leather instead of phenolic and possibly a different ferrule material. They are both built the same with a 13.25mm tip. Royce is this accurate? Same taper too?

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I've read it sounds like the OB Classic XL plus is basically identical to the OB speed break shaft except that the tip is leather instead of phenolic and possibly a different ferrule material. They are both built the same with a 13.25mm tip. Royce is this accurate? Same taper too?

Would still like to know about this could anyone from OB please chime in? Thanks

RBC

Deceased

Spliced

Sorry I missed this, but I'm not getting much AZ time these days and can't get around to all the different threads.

Actually, the Speed Break Shaft and the Classic XL are very different shafts.

Even though they are both 13.25mm, the tapers are different as well as the insides. The Classic XL still has more "mass reducing" steps taken, and the Speed Break is built more to reduce the energy loss at impact.

So, they really are different shafts all together.

Royce